This put me 5th in the sprint

Dude, I was the guy right behind you;

Ave hr 155

Max hr 178

Ave power 235

Max power 1041

Max Ave 5s 1030

Although max power was not in final sprint but in the attack

Great racing. Thanks for combining all the vets groups. Made for some fast hard riding. Lekker to mix it with the youngsters.

Some stats from the Old Ballies group

Avg Speed 42.4

Max Speed 57.9

Avg HR 152

Max HR 178

Avg Power 237

NP 297 

Max power 1060

For this race I literally matched your values. Only issue was I couldn't get into the 11cog so was sprinting in the 12tooth

Dude, I was the guy right behind you;

Ave hr 155

Max hr 178

Ave power 235

Max power 1041

Max Ave 5s 1030

Although max power was not in final sprint but in the attack

For this race I literally matched your values. Only issue was I couldn't get into the 11cog so was sprinting in the 12tooth

Nice one! Got you by the width of a rim[emoji6]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nice one! Got you by the width of a rim[emoji6]

True story that, but you rode well, didn't give up and we had been sprinting for a while. Good riding by all. Really was an awesome event.

True story that, but you rode well, didn't give up and we had been sprinting for a while. Good riding by all. Really was an awesome event.

It was damn good. Nice to ride with a bunch who all new how to behave in a bunch.

And Gerald and his team did not disappoint! I'm really looking forward to the next one

Any idea where the full results will be posted ?

Hope to get all the information back from the officials during the week.

As much as we (Germiston Wheelers) know how to run a large road race, there are a few improvements we need to suggest for the remainder of the series:

• Race numbers to be issued up to 30 minutes before each race - each category will close 30 mins before;
  • Batch area for riders to join before their race (this should close 5 mins before each event start time);
  • Some of the 50+ enjoyed riding with the younger vets, while a few other didn't enjoy it. Get more guys together and we don't have to join groups;
  • Our PA system didn't arrive...  :whistling:

Hope to get all the information back from the officials during the week.

As much as we (Germiston Wheelers) know how to run a large road race, there are a few improvements we need to suggest for the remainder of the series:

• Race numbers to be issued up to 30 minutes before each race - each category will close 30 mins before;
  • Batch area for riders to join before their race (this should close 5 mins before each event start time);
  • Some of the 50+ enjoyed riding with the younger vets, while a few other didn't enjoy it. Get more guys together and we don't have to join groups;
  • Our PA system didn't arrive...  :whistling:

I will be an extra 50+ vet at the next one I hope. :thumbup:

I will try make the next one... Was worried I would just be a rolling speedbump. Will probably ride open as 30-39 vets is just way too strong.

Random thought: What is the interest level for Crit racing from our lady riders?

There were quite a few ladies at the crit on Sunday, but it would be great if more ladies attended.

Entered Event #2 at the Voortrekker Monument. Won't be doing the Hillclimb (96kg does not climb that easily), but looking forward to my first Crit. Gonna float around and see how it goes.

~24mins of Max effort cycling is actually something I think I should be good at.. we'll see.

I will try make the next one... Was worried I would just be a rolling speedbump. Will probably ride open as 30-39 vets is just way too strong.

I'll be a rolling speedbump with you. No way I can stick with the vets yet.

Archived