Helivac Winter Criterium Series - Gauteng

Frosty

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Helivac, Germiston Wheelers and Frosty. That was a great event. Really tight, really nice. Strongest riders won on the day. No place to hide. 

Congrats Helivac, Germiston Wheelers and Frosty. That was a great event. Really tight, really nice. Strongest riders won on the day. No place to hide.

Credit to Moses for the Melrose Arch event - he did 99% of the work and arrangements for this event.

All we (Germiston Wheelers) have done is kick start a criterium series, by facilitating the online entry process, a few events and speak to a few like-minded cyclists/officials. Oh, and marshal the event, or take photos.

Results for yesterday are in, just need to match up with start lists. Also need the results from event 4 (will speak to GNC again), and then some clarity on race 1 (open groups, as the results I have are incomplete).

Time to ride our bikes again... #whistling#

I have thoroughly enjoyed the series and hope that a Summer series can also be organised.  Sunday's vibe at Melrose was awesome, the announcer I've seen before at some of the Warrior events and interacted well with the cyclists I thought.  It would be great to get some more spectators and entrants but I guess the word will spread.

Thanks to Helivac, Germiston Wheelers, Frosty and Moses!

Any idea when we can expect round 4 results? And where we can get more photos of the Melrose event?

Results have been updated up to and including race 5, but... I haven't received the start list back for the Vets 30-39 for race 5. As soon as I get that, I can update the names against the rider number then publish the results.

What's happening this Sunday? How is the racing going to work?

The same as before:

http://germistonwheelers.co.za/helivac-wintercrit-event-6/

The final event in the 2017 series is taking place on Sunday, 27 August at Hector Norris Park – yes, a road race on a track.

The series finale includes a prize giving for each race category, to be done shortly after each race has concluded. Prizes will be awarded to the top 5 positions in each category (providing there are a minimum of 5 people entered into the category.

Being women’s month, free entries for all ladies participating. All other entries will be R50 to enter, R50 for your number refunded on return of number. R10 parking fee per car

The format for every race will be 10 minutes at an average speed of 40km/h, then everybody will be in contention for the race. This does not apply to the kiddies race.

Event schedule

08:00 Registration (closes 15 mins before each race).

09:00 Open men <50 yrs… 20 min + 1 lap

09:30 Open Ladies and 50+… 20 min + 1 lap

10:00 Kiddies… 10 min + 1 lap

10:15 Youth age groups… 20 min + 1 lap

10:40 Vets 50+ and lic. ladies… 20 min + 1 lap might be split on the day

11:15 Vets 30-49… 30 min + 1 lap might be split on the day

11:50 Invitation Track (demonstration)

12:15 Elite/U23 and Juniors 45 min + 1 lap might be split on the day

13:00 final prize giving (13:15 latest).

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Thank you to the organisers of yesterday's event and the series in general!

I had a blast riding the track and it felt like anyone had a chance to podium in the Open race. 

Well done to Helivac, Germiston Wheelers, Frosty and all the rest :thumbup:

Looking forward to the next.

Thank you to the organisers of yesterday's event and the series in general!

I had a blast riding the track and it felt like anyone had a chance to podium in the Open race. 

Well done to Helivac, Germiston Wheelers, Frosty and all the rest :thumbup:

Looking forward to the next.

I agree fully.

I look forward to this series next year.  It will grow, based on what is provided, and the way in which everything is run.

No better way to spend R50.

There was even prize money for the top 5 finishers in each category.

I raced 5 of them and got R100 back in prize money :clap:

• 8 months later...

I am jumping the gun a bit... But are there any indications that the Series will be held again?

No plans from Germiston Wheelers to host any events this year. Not sure about the other events (Voortrekkerhoogte and Melrose Arch)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived