Trusting a new hubber with a large purchase

pmswanepoel

Thanks everyone, sound advice. Any of you in George?

running a search in the Classifieds through all high value bikes in george... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it may better if you do it through a bike shop. They can also then box it and arrange the shipping to JHB for you.

This way, you are both protected. The bike shop releases the bike to you once the seller has his money.

If it is the bike I think it is.... bloody nice bike tjom!

Suggestion: If you are happy to lose the money that the unit is being sold for, then trust the seller. If not, get some form of Cover.

I have used Shepherd previously and they were very accommodating and professional. With high value items I will only ever go through a Bike shop or an intermediary like Shepherd. (https://www.paywithshepherd.com/)

Post some pics once you get it OK?

Maybe this just me but you should use a hubber with

>1000 posts and been on for like 2 years

Cause what the point of using a hubber with >10 posts ? Aren't they just as untrustworthy :D

Maybe this just me but you should use a hubber with

>1000 posts and been on for like 2 years

Cause what the point of using a hubber with >10 posts ? Aren't they just as untrustworthy :D

No, hubbers with more than 1000 posts actually LIKE cycling, usually. That means they don't generally sell too much... You are an exception, but there aren't too many hubbers active in the classifieds and forums...

If it is the bike I think it is.... bloody nice bike tjom!

Suggestion: If you are happy to lose the money that the unit is being sold for, then trust the seller. If not, get some form of Cover.

I have used Shepherd previously and they were very accommodating and professional. With high value items I will only ever go through a Bike shop or an intermediary like Shepherd. (https://www.paywithshepherd.com/)

Post some pics once you get it OK?

Unfortunately it's not looking good :-( I made an offer that he seemed to take offense at and now is not talking :-( I hope he comes around! I want that bike!

:ph34r: You're making it too easy for the hub detectives.... :whistling:

holey moley....a R110k roadbike. second hand.

If you're looking at spending that sort of money, then you go and fly to George for the weekend to check it out personally. Well this is all hypothetical for me, but I would guess that whilst you're there you would go rent a yacht/helicopter and have oysters and do other sort of things from a 90s peter stuyvesant ad.

Unfortunately it's not looking good :-( I made an offer that he seemed to take offense at and now is not talking :-( I hope he comes around! I want that bike!

WHAT BIKE IS IT!!!!?????

Clearly you don't want it enough. How much to pay me off to not start a bidding war?

holey moley....a R110k roadbike. second hand.

If you're looking at spending that sort of money, then you go and fly to George for the weekend to check it out personally. Well this is all hypothetical for me, but I would guess that whilst you're there you would go rent a yacht/helicopter and have oysters and do other sort of things from a 90s peter stuyvesant ad.

Only looking to buy the frame -110k for a bike is WAY beyond my means!

Archived