UCI DH World Cup 2017 #4 - Andorra 1-2 July 2017

Stretch

I think people misconstrue the role Wyn fulfills.  He's independent and gives us a racer's backstage view on the weekend.  It's exactly because of this that we see the unfiltered reactions of racers, like Minnaar's "jeez, do you really need to laugh" etc.  As soon as you professionalize that you'll just get more of the same blah.

As for Rob, I think he'd come across much better with a proper racer next to him e.g. Needles who can give all the stats and knowledge with Rob giving some colour and flavour.  Claudio is awesome on track previews, but frankly I'd rather see Needles chase someone down at a higher click.

I think Claudio needs to go with needles replacing him, but with Crankworx laying claim to Needles, I doubt that'll happen.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoked for Nicole and Brosnan.

Hart's run caused my sphincter to spasm it was clenched so tightly.  :eek:

Feeling a bit bummed for Carpenter. She just isn't finding the speed she needs. Dropping further back as the season progresses. 

Stoked for Nicole and Brosnan.

Hart's run caused my sphincter to spasm it was clenched so tightly.  :eek:

Feeling a bit bummed for Carpenter. She just isn't finding the speed she needs. Dropping further back as the season progresses. 

Harts run was the most entertaining of the lot...

I think people misconstrue the role Wyn fulfills.  He's independent and gives us a racer's backstage view on the weekend.  It's exactly because of this that we see the unfiltered reactions of racers, like Minnaar's "jeez, do you really need to laugh" etc.  As soon as you professionalize that you'll just get more of the same blah.

As for Rob, I think he'd come across much better with a proper racer next to him e.g. Needles who can give all the stats and knowledge with Rob giving some colour and flavour.  Claudio is awesome on track previews, but frankly I'd rather see Needles chase someone down at a higher click.

I think Claudio needs to go with needles replacing him, but with Crankworx laying claim to Needles, I doubt that'll happen.

Very true. 

I've noticed on a few occasions that Claudio would make these strange and awkward statements where Rob would simply not respond and there would be dead air for a good few seconds. I really don't see the value that Claudio adds to the broadcasts, barring the track previews. 

Needles was a much more successful WC racer and only recently retired. He has a much better pulse on the scene than Claudio, in my opinion. More charismatic too. 

saw it earlier... That save of Hart's! Still gave me the heebie-jeebies. Did you see CG's reaction to it!?

Huh?  Link is an analysis of Gregg vs Troy last two corners showing exactly where he lost it.

But yes, I saw CG poo himself at Hart's corner and Gregg losing.

Huh?  Link is an analysis of Gregg vs Troy last two corners showing exactly where he lost it.

But yes, I saw CG poo himself at Hart's corner and Gregg losing.

one I saw earlier included runs from others as well, including Hart's. 

But yes - the analysis. 0.2s lost on those 2 corners. Mehness. Minn must have been absolutely livid. 

one I saw earlier included runs from others as well, including Hart's. 

But yes - the analysis. 0.2s lost on those 2 corners. Mehness. Minn must have been absolutely livid. 

First time I've seen him proper pissed.  He dropped the F bomb as Troy went green over the line and you could see he was bleak on the podium.

In the WynTV interview Wyn was laughing as he greeted him and Gregg's reaction was "Dude, are you seriously laughing"  To which Wyn asked why and Gregg said "Didn't you see those two corners?".

It blows my mind how incredibly attuned these guys are that in the heat of your run, without even making an obvious mistake (ok sure, he clipped out but it still looked fine to me), you know exactly where you lost a ballhair's worth of time.  Truly pro.

First time I've seen him proper pissed.  He dropped the F bomb as Troy went green over the line and you could see he was bleak on the podium.

In the WynTV interview Wyn was laughing as he greeted him and Gregg's reaction was "Dude, are you seriously laughing"  To which Wyn asked why and Gregg said "Didn't you see those two corners?".

It blows my mind how incredibly attuned these guys are that in the heat of your run, without even making an obvious mistake (ok sure, he clipped out but it still looked fine to me), you know exactly where you lost a ballhair's worth of time.  Truly pro.

yeah, he was. And I think that that was just a smidge of how truly pissed he was. 

Gotta love Wyn for the behind the scenes stuff he gets. It adds so much more to the whole event. 

Also, to further harp on Gregg's legendary status, it must be great having that guy be an ambassador for your brand.  After all those years and wins he still gives a F*** and strives to be the best whilst being humble (but not to the point of annoyance) and very presentable.  Whatever they're paying him will never be enough.

Also, to further harp on Gregg's legendary status, it must be great having that guy be an ambassador for your brand.  After all those years and wins he still gives a F*** and strives to be the best whilst being humble (but not to the point of annoyance) and very presentable.  Whatever they're paying him will never be enough.

there was a chirp just before the podium ceremony from Rob. Something along the lines of how the hell does he have hair like THAT, after just wearing a helmet?! 

Archived