UCI DH World Cup 2017 #4 - Andorra 1-2 July 2017

Stretch

Take it away Gents and ladies.......

last year it was Hart, Minn and Loic...with Gwinn just needing to take it easy and not attack the course.....lets hear those predictions

as for the ladies - I am guessing it is back to normal with Rachel cryptically saying she will be back at Vallnord...time will tell. 

Headshot - give us some masters feedback

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Headshot - give us some masters feedback

Chris Nixon came in 5th followed by Myles Kelsey in 6th.

I see that Hart was back on on his 650B Summum for the IXS DH race in Innsbruck, which he won. Interesting to see what he'll roll-out of the start gate with at Andorra. I'd love to see him take a win. This season has been tough on him thus far. 

My predictions:

Elite men:

1. Gwin
  2. Hart
  3. Minnaar

Elite women:

1. Hannah
  2. Nicole
  3. Carpenter (I don't really think she'll be 3rd, but, y'know,  :wub: )

I see that Hart was back on on his 650B Summum for the IXS DH race in Innsbruck, which he won. Interesting to see what he'll roll-out of the start gate with at Andorra. I'd love to see him take a win. This season has been tough on him thus far. 

My predictions:

Elite men:

1. Gwin
  2. Hart
  3. Minnaar

Elite women:

1. Hannah
  2. Nicole
  3. Carpenter (I don't really think she'll be 3rd, but, y'know,  :wub: )

We know that Manon will always be first for you...

Is Rachel still nursing her shoulder injury - if she's back, your women's predictions are not going to hold up.

Find the wheel size thing quite interesting. I wonder if SC will start selling the V10 in 29 and if they do, whether they'll continue with the 27.5. 

If you look at last years times when they were all on 27.5, its as if nothing has changed,except the hype. 

This 29 atory may just die out (please don't start A ****#ng wheels size fight now ) just A thought.

Hart and Seagrave for me ( I want them to win but think someone else will )

EDIT : MY POST COUNT IS NOW THE SAME AS THE YEAR I WAS BORN IN :D

We know that Manon will always be first for you...

Is Rachel still nursing her shoulder injury - if she's back, your women's predictions are not going to hold up.

Find the wheel size thing quite interesting. I wonder if SC will start selling the V10 in 29 and if they do, whether they'll continue with the 27.5. 

If you look at last years times when they were all on 27.5, its as if nothing has changed,except the hype. 

From Instagram it seems that Rachel is travelling with the other lads from Trek Factory Racing. Even if she does compete, I still think Hannah can take her. The Hannahs have had a cracking season so far. 

she might compete - but not at full strength..

I think those big wheels are too big for myriam and she needs to go back to 27.5

for me its between tahnee and tracey. Ever since Manon's massive crash at bill she has not been the same

she might compete - but not at full strength..

I think those big wheels are too big for myriam and she needs to go back to 27.5

for me its between tahnee and tracey. Ever since Manon's massive crash at bill she has not been the same

Agreed on all points. 

I think Nicole is still pretty fast, but just doesn't look comfortable on the 29er. 

It's a shame that Manon just isn't quite there and I think it is a purely mental thing. Her mechanic should put some air in her brakes before her race run so that she can't be on the anchors as much as she is now. 

From Instagram it seems that Rachel is travelling with the other lads from Trek Factory Racing. Even if she does compete, I still think Hannah can take her. The Hannahs have had a cracking season so far. 

Ya, Mick has been flying at Crankworx and better than the last few years at the WC's. Taking a page from old man Greg's book. 

I really hope Tracey stays fit and manages to take it this year. She has such a lekker attitude to racing and life in general from what i've seen.

Agree with Stretch on Myriam - she looks overbiked on that 29er. Every time she is interviewed she trots out the official line about how great 29ers are. I cringe. 

Archived