PPA Cyclo Sportif No 2

Mamil

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had a little technical issue with the blog this week. We moved it to Wordpress and I am not that tech savy!

Here is the race report for PPA Sportif #3!

https://goo.gl/sgWhaq

Enjoy!!

Spartikus and I were the "tandem group" all on our own. Apart from the brief moment we spent in your bunch when you caught us, we rode solo to finish in 2:40. Wish more tandems would enter these events ....

We had a little technical issue with the blog this week. We moved it to Wordpress and I am not that tech savy!

Here is the race report for PPA Sportif #3!

https://goo.gl/sgWhaq

Enjoy!!

Date correction:  

2017 Cyclo Sportif #4 Event Date:  2017-10-01  (Not 4th)  :ph34r: 

Spartikus and I were the "tandem group" all on our own. Apart from the brief moment we spent in your bunch when you caught us, we rode solo to finish in 2:40. Wish more tandems would enter these events ....

Agreed!!

Remember passing you just before the Hermon turn-off.

Steady diesel train ????

I feel like a broken down landy.

:lol:  ... we sat in with your bunch to the foot of the pass, then it was our turn to feel like a broken down landy, minus the oil leaks of course  :)

I got a 10.16 seeding after Sportiff #3, not yet good enough to get the A number :wacko:

Was 15s behind the front bunch over Riebeek Kasteel. We were 6 going down, lost someone before the left turn towards Wellington, Lloyd dropped a few km after the turn-off. It was tough keeping the tempo with a paceline of 4, and I thought we were doomed. Luckily a strong league rider latched unto us took a few solid turns. I enjoyed the chase and the adrenaline of trying to stay from a big group just a minute behind us :D. In the end the main A bunch finished 2 min ahead of us and the other chasing group 2 minutes behind us.

I got a 10.16 seeding after Sportiff #3, not yet good enough to get the A number :wacko:

Was 15s behind the front bunch over Riebeek Kasteel. We were 6 going down, lost someone before the left turn towards Wellington, Lloyd dropped a few km after the turn-off. It was tough keeping the tempo with a paceline of 4, and I thought we were doomed. Luckily a strong league rider latched unto us took a few solid turns. I enjoyed the chase and the adrenaline of trying to stay from a big group just a minute behind us :D. In the end the main A bunch finished 2 min ahead of us and the other chasing group 2 minutes behind us.

That might have been me as I was struggling to breach that gap going up the climb.

Dude I was paying for my 2 breakaways earlier in the race and I thought that our 5 man chase would most certainly be caught by the big group behind but you boys did extremely well to stay away.

Archived