Footloose pedals? Ever heard of them??

joevan

some tips for the makers of the video and marketing team in general...

1)  We need more info on when it works.  According to the video it has all the benefits of clip-less as well as releasing just as easy as flats...  This we know is BS and there naturally is a compromise to both technologies.  So please, tell us how much less "clip-less" effect it has compared to SPD and how much "flat pedal" advantage it has compared to flats.  Does it maintain "clip-less" on rocky uphills?  Pedal stroke analysis / wattbike polar view graph comparison maybe?

2)  What happens when its dirty...  SPD's work reasonably well in a mud-fest.  You might struggle to unclip a bit more at the end of a 5 hour muddy ride, but it hardly ever "clogs up".  These look like the cavity in your shoe will fill up, adversely affecting "clip-in ability" and saddle height.

3)  Weight!!!  We need weight

4)  Dimensions compared to SPD.  Pedal looks thick, meaning that you're more prone to bash it against a rock and secondly you will have to change your seat height when changing between two pedal types...

250gr per pedal according to website. sounds like some rounding off.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main issue for me is that if you forget to point your toes, you will unclip. It seems to only work by setting an angle between to shoe and the pedal metal piece... I cannot imagine that being confortable at all

• 3 months later...

Well when you trying to market a pedal that supposedly ability to keep you connected to the bike, and you call it footloose, you've already lost ground.

But seriously, how did this make it onto a list of great SA inventions when the cycling community in SA doesn't even know about it ! 

What happens if you smack a rock with those cleats, and the leading cleat bends backwards ............ going to make for an awkward stop when you can't unclip :)

• 1 year later...