Footloose pedals? Ever heard of them??

joevan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah me to, I am also tired of being teased for cycling in sandals!!!

Really, like sandals are the only alternative to using cleats.

It looks like a solution to problem that doesn't really exist.

Keep your pedals clean and serviced, replace your cleats when needed and learn to click out.

I'll be sure to wear my power balance bangle while riding with these.

To be honest, I've never ever met a cyclist who doesn't ride because they're scared of clip ins.

Its like the creators have never heard of flat pedals.

Good idea, it's always good to see something different out there.

But, to play in the big market, they must at least get their terminology right.

They are not "clip ins" the correct term is "clip less"

It looks like a solution to problem that doesn't really exist.

Keep your pedals clean and serviced, replace your cleats when needed and learn to click out.

Gotta agree with you! The debate on Clipless vs Flats will go on forever, it's really down to what works for you.  Set your clipless up properly and clipping out quickly is not a problem.

Pretty pricey at R999.00 as well, but would like to hear if anybody other than Linus van Onselen has any experience with these pedals.

I reckon you'll hit the sticky-outy bits on every rock you see and have to bin them in a week.

But I'd be interested to hear actual experiences from someone who's actually ridden them...

I have yet to experience problems with clipless on road or mtb so I dont see the point really.

If Im going to be clipped in then I want it to be super secure and not come out unless I decide it must, otherwise I would go for flats.

I really tried watching the video, but the narrator sounds like he's smoked 10kg of TK gold.

edit: and in any event have they not heard of Look S track??

My wife had the confidence issue after crashing with cleats.. she bought a set last week.. fitted them and she loves it.. for me is useless.. like one hubber said its like flat pedals for me... well if that makes her ride single track again with me who cares what i believe as long as she is happy...

Never heard of Footloose pedals...but I bet you'll have the time of your life riding them... ;)

too many degrees of separation there. Got you Bacon and your Swayze scrambled

too many degrees of separation there. Got you Bacon and your Swayze scrambled

My bad...the bacon I had this morning was in the same state as Swayze...very dead ;)

So, correct me if I am wrong, but there is no actual "binding" of cleat to pedal? Just sliding into each other and hoping your shoes and pedals dont detach on some very bumpy terrain or some drops.

For most of us who have been using clipless pedals for most of our riding "career", the sideways twist to engage, is second nature now, so that we twist out foot off the pedal even when riding flats.

I am not shooting these pedals down, but I hope there are someone who will be happy with these pedals. I will keep on using my SPDs.

Archived