Volunteers wanted for UCT study on LCHF cyclists

box2trail

It's kind of cute, how the keyboard scientists are speculating on this and discounting a group of people who are wanting to research something a little more thoroughly.

Let the guys do their study before finding fault with it. Research is usually a good thing and should be encouraged.

This thread should form the basis for a trial on Hubisim. Sociologists would have a field day with our 'behaviour'.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are recruiting well-trained cyclists or triathletes who are following a low-carbohydrate, high-fat diet for a study at the Sport Science Institute of South Africa, Cape Town.

Please consider the attached advert and contact me for more information!

Will I learn my VO2max?

Yes you will. As well as your respiratory thresholds that correlate to your first and second lactate thresholds. These tests are valued at over R1000 when tested by the high performance center so there is mutual benefit:)

was at the institute on Thursday and Friday - in one of the conference venues.

pretty impressive facility !!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

We are still looking for well-trained male cyclists who have habitually been eating  a low-carbohydrate, high-fat diet for at the past 6 months.

Please consider volunteering for our study so we may learn more about the influence of diet on traditional training thresholds! You will learn your VO2max, training (respiratory) thresholds and get some good training out of it too!

Please contact use (see advert) for more information!

post-115931-0-33333300-1502097740_thumb.jpg

Archived