Please help a preemie

2bliss

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Impala mentioned on the thread as a good option is below my office... they do make great biltong and Droewors - they even do a Droewors mixed with chilli and garlic  :drool:

Can easily help out...

R500 of biltong is a lot though (1.5/2kgs)... maybe overkill, so might be worth looking at some other nice snack/sweet options to mix things up. Plenty of those available below my office too... Nougat biscuits, strawberry liquorice, dried fruits, pumpkin/Beetroot/Butternut crisps etc

Impala mentioned on the thread as a good option is below my office... they do make great biltong and Droewors - they even do a Droewors mixed with chilli and garlic  :drool:

Can easily help out...

R500 of biltong is a lot though (1.5/2kgs)... maybe overkill, so might be worth looking at some other nice snack/sweet options to mix things up. Plenty of those available below my office too... Nougat biscuits, strawberry liquorice, dried fruits, pumpkin/Beetroot/Butternut crisps etc

Any open office space for rent next to yours?  Sounds great!   ^_^

Hi Slowbee

How can anybody else contribute towards the snack package?

Yes, please, count me in!

Yes, please, count me in!

You are doing so much already so you stay where you are!

Stay putt!

Nothing would be happening if it was not for you.

Edited by Sepia

UPDATE:  Karmi is stable!  Meds and physio continue.  They are slowly lowering both the percentage of oxygen as well as the pressure of the ventilator.  That is great, because it means her airways are not quite as blocked anymore and air can get in with less force.  They've not been able to do away with the oscillator just yet.  She is on total parenteral nutrition, but today they also gave her a bit of milk via a nasal feeding tube.  I hope that goes well.  Final bit of good news for today is that the overall swelling of her body and some internal organs is starting to go down.   :clap:

You are doing so much already so you stay where you are!

Stay put!

Nothing would be happening if it was not for you.

You give me way too much credit.  I had nothing to do with all of this kindness.  Besides, it will help ease my guilty conscience for not being there as I should.  In my field of work, this is the very worst month of the year and as much as I would like to take leave, it just is not possible right now. :(

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by 2bliss

You give me way too much credit.  I had nothing to do with all of this kindness.  Besides, it will help ease my guilty conscience for not being there as I should.  In my field of work, this is the very worst month of the year and as much as I would like to take leave, it just is not possible right now. :(

EDIT: Spelling.

I can always ask them to fire you.... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I can always ask them to fire you.... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

:unsure:  Hey, don't joke.  Universities are downsizing and not re-hiring!  Our unit has half the staff we had three years ago and they expect us to do way more work than before to bring in more funding and subsidies.

:unsure:  Hey, don't joke.  Universities are downsizing and not re-hiring!  Our unit has half the staff we had three years ago and they expect us to do way more work than before to bring in more funding and subsidies.

Yes, the charity departments are under a lot of stress these days.... 

Yes, the charity departments are under a lot of stress these days.... 

Is "charity department" the new term for "university"?