Sponsor bike advice

Allrounder

Hi all

So my MTB is gone, and I am in the process of purchasing a bike for me. 

I have some money left over and want to sponsor a bike to an upcoming rider. 

Now, the big question that has been debated before:

Carbon frame, with sora components OR

Alu frame with older spec 105/tiagra?

I know it is not Friday,but we can start early!!

Hi all

So my MTB is gone, and I am in the process of purchasing a bike for me. 

I have some money left over and want to sponsor a bike to an upcoming rider. 

Now, the big question that has been debated before:

Carbon frame, with sora components OR

Alu frame with older spec 105/tiagra?

I know it is not Friday,but we can start early!!

I would say Carbon frame with Sora Components. (New Sora Groupset) 

Where will the bike be kept and is the rider responsible enough at the moment to properly care for a carbon bike?

I would go Alu frame/carbon forks, then gut a decent wheelset with average 10 speed components. Upgrading down the line with input from the rider would be the way to go.

If the guy is already on the scene, know how to care for a bike properly and will turn it into his baby I would look at another balance, but there are some really light alu frames out there that won't inhibit development at all.

If the guy is already on the scene, know how to care for a bike properly and will turn it into his baby I would look at another balance, but there are some really light alu frames out there that won't inhibit development at all.

Pretty good description of him. He just doesnt have the funds available to buy a "new" bike. But his old steel frame is always shiny clean and well tuned. 

Good morning!!! I am very excited to say that I managed to find a 8kg carbon bike, with older spec 105 10 speed for a very reasonable price!! We will go on our "maiden voyage" as soon as the rain stop tomorrow.  

Good morning!!! I am very excited to say that I managed to find a 8kg carbon bike, with older spec 105 10 speed for a very reasonable price!! We will go on our "maiden voyage" as soon as the rain stop tomorrow.  

Get some pics to post!