Very early morning rides from Bryanston/Ferndale/Randburg

sharkbait

I'm looking for the very few and far and between cyclists riding in these areas in the early hours of the mornings on week days. I currently ride 2-3 times a week different routes and distances. So the part that makes it early is that I have to be back home from the ride at 5am. Distances varies from 30-55km, speed ±28-32kmh ave. 

I'm looking for the very few and far and between cyclists riding in these areas in the early hours of the mornings on week days. I currently ride 2-3 times a week different routes and distances. So the part that makes it early is that I have to be back home from the ride at 5am. Distances varies from 30-55km, speed ±28-32kmh ave. 

Am I reading that right, you need to be done by 5am?

Yip, that is currently what I'm doing. So I every now and then do see 1 or 2 other cyclists after 3am so I was just curious to see if I could get a buddy to ride with rather than alone - its not for safety reasons as such but rather the needed company

Yip, that is currently what I'm doing. So I every now and then do see 1 or 2 other cyclists after 3am so I was just curious to see if I could get a buddy to ride with rather than alone - its not for safety reasons as such but rather the needed company

You, maybe change the thread title to "very late rides" 3am is still up time :)

No, but if you change your times, there are lots of rides that start at 5am....

Good lord

A 50k ride leaving at 3am to be back by 5, that means up at 2h30 to be out the door by 3. What time do you go to bed?

There's me thinking that my 4am wake up twice a week is rough..

I reckon you got two chances of finding riding mates for the 3am roll out. Slim, and fokkol

And here I am battling to get up at 05.30... 

@OP, how often do you do this? Also how many divorces/attempted murders have this habit caused?

Ja nee, I have to give myself a serious peptalk the night before, if I want to be ON the bike by 6 am.

@OP also curious as to why you need/want to ride so early?

Avoiding the divorce is more likely the reason  :nuke: And I'm old and thus needs to pee at 2am so then I'm awake anyway  :whistling: so i can just as well go and train.

Work starts at 6:15am with a 30min drive there

3- 5 is a night ride . Kudos to the dedication though 

Has to be light when you get home to qualify for a morning ride ....... 

Archived