Pins and Needles in hand while riding .

FirstV8

I have moved my brakes , gear change and shock adjuster 20mm further in on the handle bars away from the edge of the grip . I found that i was riding with thumbs on top  of the grips and bars as there was not enough space for them to fit underneath . With my last two rides i did not experience pins and needles . I hope its the answer .

If I may make a suggestion. Subscribe to GMBN on Youtube. They have tons of videos that are in the 5 7 minute duration, which are aimed at giving you loads of advice and info which is very useful as a beginner or seasoned rider. You will get skills advice, setup advice, fitness training advice, and on and on and on. Just do it  :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

so guys after the crater cruise yesterday my small and ring finger got no feeling in it almost a little pins and needles feeling all the time... I do ride with gloves , what can be the cause of this and why aint it getting better?

Invest in a professional bike setup. Good grips also help. Personally, I like ESI Chunky silicone grips but that is a matter of preference I guess. Don't hold on too tightly or put too much weight on your hands.

Ja I am also a fan of the ESI chunky grips.

so guys after the crater cruise yesterday my small and ring finger got no feeling in it almost a little pins and needles feeling all the time... I do ride with gloves , what can be the cause of this and why aint it getting better?

Likely due do pinching or pressure on your Ulnar nerve. This enters your palm at the wrist, opposite side from the thumb. If you press around there you may get some of that 'funny-bone' feeling.

First guess is that during your ride there was sustained pressure on this part of your palm, or your wrist was bent with knuckles up and back, pinching the nerve.

Several solutions in previous posts.

I had the same problem towards the end of long rides. A change to thinner gloves with NO padding around the perimeter of the wrist made a big improvement. Specialized make a glove specially (:)) for this. It has thicker padding for the centre of your palm.

(Padding is a wad of R100 notes!)

Will chwck my wrist position on the next ride... Had the problem previously then bought the gloves and it felt better... but never lasted this long it would always go away as soon as i rest my hand. Wil try all solutions on up and coming rides.

Time in the saddle is busy curing mine. Used to get it after 20km. Now it is when I do more than 50 km in one go.

This obviously after taking care to have a good bike set up.

I also try to stand regularly and stretch while I ride (on downhills) which includes shoulders and arms.