R40K to spend on a trail bike - What options?

Caerus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spez stump jumper 

YT capra ( if you could get in your size)

Scott 940 ( if you're more into trial than enduro)

Merida one-twenty 7000

BH lynx 4.7

Pyga 120

Depending on build you should be able to get all these under 40k (merida and scott come with droppers)

That does not include pedals , tubeless ect.

Specialized has some insane specials going at the moment. Phone your closest dealer. They can negotiate on the price as well if you are willing to EFT

Great option, love mine. Like a lot... Keep riding other bike and get back to riding the smuggler and wonder why I keep being so stupid! Also YT Jeffsy is well worth a look and a demo. Capra is you're big hitting. Commencal are about to arrive here so the Meta might be an options and Spez are doing wicked deals. 

Alos maybe give A-line a ring or Dirt Merchant and see if they have any specials. They often do. 

Oh... Banshee Spitfire. Now that would be very nice. 

Ti is the only material frame i don,t currently have in my stable .I don,t think it,s ride properties are any better than Alu . For 40k i would rather have a steel frame custom made 

Great option, love mine. Like a lot... Keep riding other bike and get back to riding the smuggler and wonder why I keep being so stupid! Also YT Jeffsy is well worth a look and a demo. Capra is you're big hitting. Commencal are about to arrive here so the Meta might be an options and Spez are doing wicked deals. 

Alos maybe give A-line a ring or Dirt Merchant and see if they have any specials. They often do. 

Everyone I know who has owned A spitfire says they have to be ridden hard to show their potential and I think the OP is looking for A trailbike 130/120 range.

So maybe the spitty might not be ideal.

Jeffsy is also probably better than the capra I mentioned.

Think the silverback sprada is also A contender ( I've never owned one but they look like really killer bikes and 40k buys A LOT of silverback)

Thanks for promoting my ad  :thumbup:

The smuggler is a great bike. If the OP likes he can come test ride mine. I am negotiable on price. (The relocation costs are getting hectic)

Thanks for promoting my ad  :thumbup:

The smuggler is a great bike. If the OP likes he can come test ride mine. I am negotiable on price. (The relocation costs are getting hectic)

Oh wait. Never mind. Only saw now that the OP is in Cape Town so the test ride could be a bit challenging. 

I think I need to o visit my friends at Stoke Suspension.

Archived