SRAM Apex CX 1x11 groupset

lechatnoir

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I so badly want to get a Rival or Apex 1X  group-set with hydraulic brakes for my gravel/touring bike.

But this "asshole" attitude of SRAM and the even worse service, attitude  and ridiculous prices of the local agents, leaves a bad taste in your mouth (pun intended) even if you get hold of the group-set in the end.

I so wish/pray Shimano would come with a affordable 1X group-set with Hydro brakes and a 11-46 derailleur/cassette option at the back. 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=sram+apex&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsram+apex+hydraulic.TRS0&_nkw=sram+apex+hydraulic&_sacat=0

Problem solved.....

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me if this groupset is available from a retailer in SA? Queried a big one in CT and they don't carry it. Anyone else? Or do i need to get it shipped in?

TIA

Hi, did you ship the groupset in or managed to source one locally?

Has anyone had success with this groupset locally?

Or is the only option Bike24 + Aramex?

SRAM tells you what you can and can't have and who you can buy it from.

Hi, did you ship the groupset in or managed to source one locally?

No, plans changed and never got that sorted

• 5 months later...

FYI for those following this thread.

I just took delivery of a SRAM Apex 1x11 groupset, ordered from www.bike-components.de without issue in just over a week, and just had to pay the VAT on pick-up from the post office. 

FYI for those following this thread.

I just took delivery of a SRAM Apex 1x11 groupset, ordered from www.bike-components.de without issue in just over a week, and just had to pay the VAT on pick-up from the post office. 

Post mount or flat mount?

And what was the costs breakdown?

• 2 years later...

Was going to start a new thread but came across this one....so lets rather recycle  :w00t:

Is SRAM Apex 1 available locally? I remember Bike Addict used to have it on their website. But those days I didn't know that gravel riding would interest me.

I've got a GT Grade in flat bar setup (done by previous owner) now I'd like to convert it back to drop bar. 

Hi, i bought an Apex groupset off a hubber recently but i think he stripped it from a bike / imported it...i have not been able to find the groupset locally.

If you can find, then its a great groupset and cheaper than the force. If you can spend a little bit more, you will find some great force groupsets on the hub like this one...

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/complete-groupsets/422389/sram-force-1-groupset

You will need to check your bike - i think you have post mount so you would need to find a solution for the calipers.