FOX F29 Fork Approx Repair Cost

OutdoorJunkie

I would take it apart, do a lower leg service (do it yourself so that you can learn how it works and how to service your Reba) and keep it as a spare for whenever the pawpaw hits the fan or when you need to send the Reba away for some obscure reason.

@KV I'm a stingy bastard, that would be my last option from the lot! ;)

Sorry, forgot to use comic sans...

Take it apart, learn how it works, make something cool out of it? Otherwise advertise it in the classifieds and see if anyone bites-maybe someone needs a part of it.

Hi Gents

I replaced the Fox with a Reba off the hub; now what is the old Fox good for? 

Do I bin it, donate it, sell it, wait for and import uppers for a repair, none of the above?

Thanks to madmarc I could identify that it is a "2011 32 F29 100 RL - 326339-0318".

20171001_152729.jpg

Happy hubbing!

Maybe Droo can comment. Will the dampers out of that fork will fit into a later model Fox with cheap CTD dampers? Many of the CTD forks still have good stations but the dampers are on their way out (like the ones on my bike).

I like the idea of keeping it for a spare for when the Reba needs a service, but wouldn't that be pointless if the oil keeps leaking out? 

I like the idea of keeping it for a spare for when the Reba needs a service, but wouldn't that be pointless if the oil keeps leaking out? 

it won't be ideal, but it'll still be rideable. Means you won't be without a bike if you need to send the Reba in. 

I would take it apart, do a lower leg service (do it yourself so that you can learn how it works and how to service your Reba) and keep it as a spare for whenever the pawpaw hits the fan or when you need to send the Reba away for some obscure reason.

This. Don't even bother replacing wipers, but it's a good start to learning how to service forks, which you can then carry over to the new one so you don't have to send it to people like me.

After some brief reading, what is a lower leg service if not replacing the wipers - only an oil change and clean? Reuse the crush washers, foam rings and dust wipers?

After some brief reading, what is a lower leg service if not replacing the wipers - only an oil change and clean? Reuse the crush washers, foam rings and dust wipers?

Lowers is wipers if necessary and oil. On an RL this basically includes the damper as well, since the lube oil and damper oil are the same thing.

Wipers will definitely be shot in your case, but new seals are a bit of a waste of R 600 considering your stanchions are stuffed so they've got nothing to seal on.

Archived