[Event] STBB4GOOD MTB CHALLENGE

James Christelis

Hi Anna

Do you know how much the late registration fee is?

I completely missed the closing date but don't want to miss the event. 

Will a friend be able to enter for me?

Dear Ferro,

a R50 late entry fee will be applicable unfortunately. But at least think of it on the basis that the more money we receive from our entries... the more we can donate to Miles4Smiles and OperationSmile.

You can definitely ask a friend to enter for you at any of the above two registration venues. Racetec is ready to assist with any late entries.

We really look forward to seeing you on the startline on Saturday!!

Kind regards, 

Anna.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LATE ENTRIES:

Please note… online entries have closed. HOWEVER, we still have some entries available. Please note a late entry fee of R50.00 will be applicable.

Entries  can be bought from RaceTec’s station at the following registration venues as follows:

Date: Wednesday, 18th October 2017
Venue: STBB, 8th Floor, 5 St. Georges Mall, Cape Town (FREE parking after 16h30 for those coming to register or enter)

Time: 10h00 - 20h00

AND IF WE HAVE NOT SOLD OUT, THEN:

Date: Thursday, 19th October 2017
Venue: Sportsman’s Warehouse, Somerset Value Mart, Remainder Street, Somerset West
Time: 11h00 – 18h00

Dear Ferro,

a R50 late entry fee will be applicable unfortunately. But at least think of it on the basis that the more money we receive from our entries... the more we can donate to Miles4Smiles and OperationSmile.

You can definitely ask a friend to enter for you at any of the above two registration venues. Racetec is ready to assist with any late entries.

We really look forward to seeing you on the startline on Saturday!!

Kind regards, 

Anna.

Great! I will be entering. Just wanted to make sure though as sometimes the late entries can be ridiculously expensive. The R50 i will pay gladly. Looking forward to Sat.

Edited by Ferro

Hi Anna, about the 60KM, is it going to be that exact route this year?

For the past 3 years the route has not been like that since it excludes the Orange loop on the North side. 

This is how the long route has been since the introduction of the 60KM.

attachicon.gifroute.gif

Hi Rouxenator,

Maybe this link to Googlemaps will help to show the 60km route? 

https://goo.gl/r4ARf9

Kind regards,

Anna

Awesome ride!

e405f790af8be0d7ed0a79b9bf1ff914.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Common Rouxtjie,,,,,, give us a decent ride report !

Agreed

You are eligible to give us a report as you finished the race????????

OK, so I arrived 5 minutes before the start, cutting it fine. Woke up at 6 and cycled there. 

It's been a few weeks since I have been on these trails but I have to say hats off the trailblazers - they really have done an awesome job in preparing the trails - and this is Bottelary hills - the best trails around Stellenbosch.

As could be expected I did not set any PRs on the segments due to race traffic but I did have a chat with a few folks riding this for the first time and they loved it. Some rode last year in the rain and said it is a completely different experience - the absolutely loved it this year. 

There were a few litterbugs and two people (one from PRG) did come off their bikes on the bit of single track next to Zevenwacht. Did not seem too serious. Maybe they will upgrade to the more agile tekkies and flat pedals soon.

Absolutely loved the floating bridge. I really hope Backsberg brings back theirs for 2018. these things are so much fun.

Thank you to STBB for organising such a lovely event. Next year I hope to see a super long route making use of some of the newly added trails because they are epic. Many thanks yet again to Bottelary Hills Conservancy, you have the best single track in Stellenbosch. I look forward to buying my year permit every year.

Was cool to go "up" cork screw once more.