Tyres for Berg and Bush

quickdraw

Another tyre question...

I am running Barzos/Barzo and Racing Ralphs/Rockets Rons will these tyres suffice or should I look for something burlier?

I usually run Onza Canis 2.25" and Ibex 2.25" for similar sort of riding to B&B, but my set is just about worn. I am going to be replacing with Maxxis Ikon 2.35" and Maxxis Ardent Race 2.35" for Berg and Bush. I am a little worried about the Ardent Race not having quite enough grip for B&B, but I think it should be fine. 

If I were you I'd take the advice and replace the RR.

Thinking maybe a nobby nic front and barzo rear - both 2.3.

Just not sure on the barzo

Barzo is normally for Front and Saguaro for back, or do I have them mixed  :ph34r:  LOL...I might learn something here  :thumbup:

Barzo is normally for Front and Saguaro for back, or do I have them mixed  :ph34r:  LOL...I might learn something here  :thumbup:

You got it spot on.

You got it spot on.

PHEW  :eek:  still running Crossmarks for now (until they die on me)...but bought a set of Barzo / Saguaro to replace them with...will see when the day comes to switch over, but only heard (mostly) good things about them.

I've done two with Arisun Mount Graham's and they were fine. On Barzo's (front and rear) this year - looking forward to the additional grip!

I did it with Maxxis Ardent front and Crossmark rear last year.  Was happy with my choice.  Using the same setup this year.

I don't have experience with the Ardent race version, but looks like it would probably work well too...

I was really happy with Ron/Ralph and the 5000km they did over every terrain.
Changed to Barzo/Barzo because of cost and it feels like I'm towing a trailer up hills. Possible Barzo/Ikon for the race if I change.

Archived