Why ever does This Happen

cyclingronaldo

Its simple I think.

1: Convert to tubeless

2: When riding on normal MTB trails, take a spare normal tube and a big bomb (duck tape said items to set post or frame, stay away from saddle bags, its my duty to society to make that comment)

3: When riding is super thorny places like Tour de Tuli, take 1 x normal tube, 1 x slimey tube and 2 x big bombs. Again stay away from saddle bags or Camelbaks. They made me wear one on the two occasions I rode that tour and I still feel gross.

I never used my slimey tubes, and I found them recently, the slime still feels ok inside, been a year now, so to answer your question, and to reiterate what I said earlier, they are cool as backup (get me home) items, but I wouldn't use them as a day to day items.

What's a saddle bag?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So there are still guys riding mountain bikes with tubes? :ph34r:  :whistling:

There must always be the "one" who thinks tube with sealant is the same as tubeless...

En so leer ons mense...so leer ons.

before even reading further, come on you two stop assuming and stereotyping!

I ride my mountain bike with sealant in the tubes firstly because I swop tyres regularly and going tubeless looks like it would be too much of a hassle everytime and secondly, in spite of the regular failing of the slime, the few times it does work is worth the extra weight.

as to op, thats super weird- my tubes with sealant have always increased is viscosity to the point that it just seeps out like water- never seen the opposite happen, looks like it was left standing and given time to dry out a bit

before even reading further, come on you two stop assuming and stereotyping!

I ride my mountain bike with sealant in the tubes firstly because I swop tyres regularly and going tubeless looks like it would be too much of a hassle everytime and secondly, in spite of the regular failing of the slime, the few times it does work is worth the extra weight.

as to op, thats super weird- my tubes with sealant have always increased is viscosity to the point that it just seeps out like water- never seen the opposite happen, looks like it was left standing and given time to dry out a bit

Tubeless doesn't fail regularly.

Why do you swop tyres regularly?

rant on - [i.e. how to make the week shorter by making Tuesday feel like Friday]

I am beginning to think my observations are touching a nerve with a certain population hailing from a rather stormy part of the nation...

Perhaps it's in part to the lack of sunshine on their part, and the excessive sunshine on mine...

Come on people, HTFU, and stop being so politically-correct, over-sensitive-effeminate-call-it-what-you-will...

Seriously, there are more pressing issues in the world right now.

If you insist on riding a mtb in 2017 with tubes and sealant, then kudos to you. No one really cares either way. 

Personally, I use my mountain bike in the terrain it was intended for, i.e. the mountain, and therefor tubeless, and ONLY tubeless, is the appropriate option.

If you are confused as to what a mountain bike is for, sell it.

And go get a gravel travel bike instead. You will be much happier for it.

rant off.

I am thinking google is not going to be good this time round...

OH WHY DID I GOOGLE THAT :eek:  :nuke:  :excl:

I've seen some gross things before, but nothing, NOTHING that's prepared me for that.......

OH WHY DID I GOOGLE THAT :eek:  :nuke:  :excl:

I've seen some gross things before, but nothing, NOTHING that's prepared me for that.......

I figured that BEFORE attempting Google. You just confirmed my suspicions...

What has been seen cannot be unseen, they say. #truedat

I just said it's the second most disgusting thing and you still googled it... WTF

Don't touch the fire it's hot!! Aaaand you touch it.

I just said it's the second most disgusting thing and you still googled it... WTF

I am having a hard time keeping the coffee off my keyboard with this. 

Like I said, there has to be that one guy... :wacko:  :lol: 

In my defense, I did NOT google it for precisely the reasons you stated.

I am having a hard time keeping the coffee off my keyboard with this. 

Like I said, there has to be that one guy... :wacko:  :lol: 

In my defense, I did NOT google it for precisely the reasons you stated.

but you still want to ne.

Ah, the good ol' 'Blue Waffle'. A powerful agent to the uninitiated, but we are initiated, aren't we?

but you still want to ne.

maybe, maybe not.

BUT, I will digress, and let sanity prevail this time around...

(I am not the type to stop at car accidents to see what happened)

[edit] - I can't help but wonder though, how many hubbers secretly took the bait?

Curiosity got the better of me and I checked it out....... :wacko: gross!!!

How do you know about this disease, Patch ?  :whistling:

Curiosity got the better of me and I checked it out....... :wacko: gross!!!

How do you know about this disease, Patch ? :whistling:

Because once I was also the victim of my own curiosity in a scenario similar to this ;)

Archived