[Event] Chas Everitt Around The Pot - Overberg 100 Miler

Emmie

Event Name: Chas Everitt Around The Pot - Overberg 100 Miler
When: 21 July 2018
Where: Swellendam Show Grounds, Western Cape
Category: MTB

FAST ROLLING HILLS

Through the magnificent rolling foothills of the Overberg this will be an adventure to remember. Ride through the beautifully blooming yellow Canola Fields towards Potberg Nature reserve. You will meet your supporter vehicle or support box at Malgas in a big waterpoint-neutral zone. Here you’ll have 45 minutes to refresh and cross the majestic Breede river on the only hand driven Ferry in South Africa. With about 2300m of climbing over 100 miles, this fast pace race will really test your endurance. For the not so fit there will be a ‘Shortcut’ of 98km with about 1400m ascent. We’ve added a 40km ‘Chicken Run’ for the “…just for the fun of it” and younger riders, riding through the iconic Bontebok National Park.

Family and Friends Fun Weekend fill of MTB Adventure

Go to Event Page

hubevents-114949-0-35992700-1507557043_thumb.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

Would like to do this one .What sort of km's should I be doing leading up to this?

Bear in mind it is winter.Can do one long ride per week and a couple of short rides during the week

Would like to do this one .What sort of km's should I be doing leading up to this?

Bear in mind it is winter.Can do one long ride per week and a couple of short rides during the week

Really hard question to answer because there is no fixed formula - would very much depend on your goals & ability.

What I found with long rides is that if you have a decent base fitness and ride "within yourself" you can pretty much ride all day long and are only limited by how long your ass & arms & lower back can handle sitting on a bike.

So if your only ambition is to finish and you have a decent base - one long ride per week to make your body used to time in the saddle + a couple of short rides to improve the fitness would be more than enough.

Doing the Amarider 50 Miler might be a good benchmark to see how the training is going.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Entered,I see there is a 45min coffee stop at Malgas pontoon.... good training for T.B.!!

It will be similar too checkpoint 1 and after that everything just shatters.

Mooiuitsig, later daai aand vir die pyn om die kampvuur.

Malgas Pont is die race se "Golden Ticket" : Mooi uitsig oor die rivier, relaxed atmosfeer en heerlikke roosterkoek terwyl jou bene 'n blaaskans kry voor die laaste 60 of wat kilos. Nog 'n lekker aspek van die Pont en die 45min. neutrale zone is die taktiek wat spanne gebruik om dit in hul guns te laat tel: Jaag jou mededingers weg sodat jy voor hulle by Malgas inklok en sorg net dat jy saam met hulle (In hul slip) die res van die race ry! Sidaar! Julle gaan saam oor die end-streep op Swellendam, maar jou tyd is minder so jy skop hul g*t! Dis regtig 'n race met geen gelyk dele nie en sal jou laat verlang na mense wat jy nog nie eens ontmoet het nie, maar as jy Magas en al die vriendelikke mense binnery sal jy beloon word vir al die harde werk. Die vaart oor die Bree-Rivier was ook 'n belewenis van "Like-minded" mense en 'n gevoel van broederskap voor ek weer jou probeer aftrap!

Hulle se dis 'n great race om voor te bery vir die Trans-Baviaans, ek dink dis 'n great race om voor te bery vir die volgende Around The Pot  

• 2 weeks later...