Tour de France 2018

gummibear

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And with that Cav had his beat result...8th[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Eish this Cav thing is frustrating!!You can see he is full gas and just not close to strong enough to come around half the sprinters!!

How could they base their whole plan on a guy that is clearly missing power and fitness..I mean in todays day of numbers they should have known he us not race ready by a long way???

I reckon that Cav’ has lost his nerve in the heat and fury of the sprint finish

He had terrible crashes this season, ironically in a team time trial and during Milan San Remo and not a sprint finalè

He just have such a palmarès and, understandably, fans are wondering

Go Cav’

I reckon that Cav’ has lost his nerve in the heat and fury of the sprint finish

He had terrible crashes this season, ironically in a team time trial and during Milan San Remo and not a sprint finalè

He just have such a palmarès and, understandably, fans are wondering

Go Cav’

The last 3 sprints he has been perfectly placed but as soon as the first kick starts he struggles to match them..you can see how hard he works to stay there.He is short on power no doubt.He might ride himself in and come right before the end but its looking real bad now.

Have you guys seen this. A bit fishy. (scroll down to the slowed down video)

https://twitter.com/bjmackay638/status/1018148124643217408

Not fishy at all, putting the chain back on he spins the crank with his hand while holding the back wheel in the air, the wheel spins as a result.

If it was a motor that spun his wheel up that quickly he would have had to fight the bike as he put the back wheel down.

I'm sure there is mechanical cheating taking place in the peloton, but this is not one of those cases.

Go to the twitter link and have a look at the slo-mo halfway down the page. His hand is nowhere near the crank. And the rear wheel accelerates when lifted off the ground.

Go to the twitter link and have a look at the slo-mo halfway down the page. His hand is nowhere near the crank. And the rear wheel accelerates when lifted off the ground.

His wheel was never on the ground.

This reminds of those Ancient Alien programs or Hunting Bigfoot things when they say “you can’t say it’s not aliens”

Eish this Cav thing is frustrating!!You can see he is full gas and just not close to strong enough to come around half the sprinters!!

How could they base their whole plan on a guy that is clearly missing power and fitness..I mean in todays day of numbers they should have known he us not race ready by a long way???

They had no choice, back a out of form GC or back an out of form sprinter.

Suppose all good things come to an end.

Thing with Cav is the team has such a  big investment in him and a key sponsor is attached to his presence, and it all seems in the balance. So they put it all on the line but as has been said few racing days, lots crashes and not so many results recently did not bode well but they still went all out for Cav. I wish it did work out for them but we all know the shelf life of a sprinter is short, can't turn the glory days back on. Perhaps its also a headspace thing, complacency, net worth numbers ...  ?

(where's the facepalm emoticon when you need it)

The crank has been spun long before he comes into shot and the wheel is in the air and spinning the entire time he is in shot during the slow mo.

Go check the crash video where you see him and Tony hitting the deck. Keep watching until the end and you can see him in left of picture putting back the chain.

But they are getting a lot of publicity, that is better than none at all as it oft said. Maybe not the type they would like but in this game getting your name / brand  exposed is what its all about.

But they are getting a lot of publicity, that is better than none at all as it oft said. Maybe not the type they would like but in this game getting your name / brand exposed is what its all about.

Like KPMG and Steinhoff?

No, being in the press for not doing well does not attract sponsorships and being associated with people who are going backwards is not good for a brand. Sponsors drop people who don’t do well for a reason.

Like KPMG and Steinhoff?

No, being in the press for not doing well does not attract sponsorships and being associated with people who are going backwards is not good for a brand. Sponsors drop people who don’t do well for a reason.

Not for the sponsors yes, but the team brand. Would they look at that as some positive? Perhaps the team management should hang out on this Hub more, we talked about this scenario and likely outcome a while back. Not that I wish them bad, but lets be realistic.

Sponsors want results, and it such a tenuous situation as it is. There was an interview  with Patrick L of Quickstep who was calling for the head of the leaker of the Chris test info, saying he was having a massive problem with sponsors and the whole saga (meaningless as it was) had done massive damage to the sport once again.

Archived