Tour de France 2018

gummibear

I don’t know what happened really,” Cavendish told ITV and Cyclingnews at the finish of stage 1.

“We [the team – ed.] lost each other really. The wind was playing and was a factor in the end, not enough to split it, but it caused a bit of chaos and we were at the wrong end of that chaos. We were too far back to even do anything. That’s it. We’ll try again.”

Quick-Step have dominated the sprints this season, while Sagan has won Paris-Roubaix and a stage at the Tour de Suisse to name but two highlights. The depth of the sprint field is as good as ever this year, with Marcel Kittel and André Greipel also proven winners eager to make their mark. When asked if he had seen enough on stage 1 to determine whether he could be competitive, Cavendish replied: “I don’t know. It’s going to be hard pushed to beat Bora and Quick-Step in any sprints this year. I can’t really say why, but there’s obviously next year.”

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know what happened really,” Cavendish told ITV and Cyclingnews at the finish of stage 1.

“We [the team – ed.] lost each other really. The wind was playing and was a factor in the end, not enough to split it, but it caused a bit of chaos and we were at the wrong end of that chaos. We were too far back to even do anything. That’s it. We’ll try again.”

Quick-Step have dominated the sprints this season, while Sagan has won Paris-Roubaix and a stage at the Tour de Suisse to name but two highlights. The depth of the sprint field is as good as ever this year, with Marcel Kittel and André Greipel also proven winners eager to make their mark. When asked if he had seen enough on stage 1 to determine whether he could be competitive, Cavendish replied: “I don’t know. It’s going to be hard pushed to beat Bora and Quick-Step in any sprints this year. I can’t really say why, but there’s obviously next year.”

Interesting read  :thumbup:  thanx...many people will agree with him.

The worst part so far of TDF has been the “avid” supporters that are boycotting this year but then spend 95% of their time not watching but tweeting/commenting about not watching it ????????‍♂️????????‍♂️????????‍♂️

A phenomenon called

The Anti-Fan

Excessively critical, sceptical, cynical and highly obsessed with the bad, the dubious and the negative aspect of this beautiful sport.

Don’t hang out with them. ????

Bardet and Nibs will be relieved that they have tens of seconds on the stronger TT teams like Michelton’, Sky and BMC

Movistar is in relative trouble now with their leadership trio.

Valverde often struggles at altitude

Quintana has lost a bag of seconds

And Landa is often individualistic

Bring on Stage 2 ????????

Well Chavanel is going to get a lot of TV during his 18th TDF..[emoji23]

Well Chavanel is going to get a lot of TV during his 18th TDF..[emoji23]

This is going to hurt. Can’t imagine this is what he was hoping for when he got out of bed this morning.

TdF live streaming on laptop. Val di sole XC about t9 start on TV. Coffee im hand. Life is good!

This is going to hurt. Can’t imagine this is what he was hoping for when he got out of bed this morning.

Yeah those 2 other riders really bailed early..

of course a fan favourite so he is enjoying it..

0f26f17e53067871e1c4500685f7e8df.jpg

Oh f eina.

Big blow for Fulgesang can't see LLS carrying on.

That looked proper painful for LLS. Still tried to get on the spare bike, nutter. Sad to have him out.

Oh my genade.. Yates down.. Dillier down

And this Declercq, from which planet was he recruited.

Been awesome basically on the front all day

Archived