Tour de France 2018

gummibear

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is astonishing is in a flat out straight sprint Sagan with the top sprinters is taking second place

Oh man oh so close for Greipel.. I was actually cheering for him there.. the way I normally do for Sagan..

What is astonishing is in a flat out straight sprint Sagan with the top sprinters is taking second place

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

I mean he isn’t an out and out sprinter in the Classic sense. To come second is remarkable.

I do think Sagan is quite street smart and then has pretty solid bike skills

That’s a remarkable understatement I would say but yes, Pretty solid skills all round.

Plan Eddie! Bring it!

Only thing cav does fast now days is lose speed

#FreeEddieTheBoss

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I mean he isn’t an out and out sprinter in the Classic sense. To come second is remarkable.

While I agree that Sagan isn't a classic sprinter he does have a decent turn of speed and can and often does hold his own against the outright, or pure if you will, sprinters. Often with very good results. When he won his second World Championship title he beat both Boonen and Cavendish. Both of them highly decorated sprinters. So Sagan coming second to Gaviria isn't all that remarkable to me in the light of such results. He definitely rates as one of the best all round bike racers I have had the privilege of watching.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Only thing cav does fast now days is lose speed

#FreeEddieTheBoss

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He also tends to crash rather spectacularly as well. As evidenced in this year's MSR.

#GoEddieGo

While I agree that Sagan isn't a classic sprinter he does have a decent turn of speed and can and often does hold his own against the outright, or pure if you will, sprinters. Often with very good results. When he won his second World Championship title he beat both Boonen and Cavendish. Both of them highly decorated sprinters. So Sagan coming second to Gaviria isn't all that remarkable to me in the light of such results. He definitely rates as one of the best all round bike racers I have had the privilege of watching.

Well that was my point isn’t it. It’s remarkable when an all round cyclist has the speed to beat a set of top sprinters. It’s uncommon.

Archived