Stolen: Specialized Stumpjumper 2016 (Cape Town)

Wieletjies

The bike was parked with other bicycles inside the building in front of the gym.

Did you manage to get any camera footage? Surely there has to be...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I've been trying to get hold of willetjies. I gave his bike into detectives and we trying to locate willetjies. He can contact me on 081-4059641 for any additional information.

Glad it had been found. Just a word of caution, those combination lock type of locks, they don't mean alot. The can be opened very quickly.

I park my bike here everyday. Whoever stole the bike went past 3 cameras and a security guard.

K@k skelm :ph34r: ..... Did you get footage?

• 3 weeks later...

So this is how it all went down…..

The hubber going by the name “Buy and Sell” is the suspected thief who stole the bike. He then tried to sell it on Gumtree. The ad on gumtree was spotted by a fellow hubber who then alerted Willetjies. The hubber sent Wieletjies all the necessary screen shots of the gumtree ad.

The thief was a dumbass and it wasn’t too difficult to find his true identity.

“Buy and Sell” got suspicions and was looking for a way out by pretending that he was the good guy “that wanted to return the stolen bike”. He actually already sold the bike and he then went and bought it back :-D so that he could try and wangle his way out of this.

All this information was presented to the police and unsurprisingly we discovered that “Buy and Sell” has a long criminal record.

He has since been arrested and the bike has been recovered. Hopefully this time he will be put away for a longer period.

Thanks to the Bike Hub [stolen Bikes] section and to the hubber who spotted this on Gumtree.

Hi guys, I've been trying to get hold of willetjies. I gave his bike into detectives and we trying to locate willetjies. He can contact me on 081-4059641 for any additional information.

Go straight to jail, do not pass go...

So this is how it all went down…..

The hubber going by the name “Buy and Sell” is the suspected thief who stole the bike. He then tried to sell it on Gumtree. The ad on gumtree was spotted by a fellow hubber who then alerted Willetjies. The hubber sent Wieletjies all the necessary screen shots of the gumtree ad.

The thief was a dumbass and it wasn’t too difficult to find his true identity.

“Buy and Sell” got suspicions and was looking for a way out by pretending that he was the good guy “that wanted to return the stolen bike”. He actually already sold the bike and he then went and bought it back :-D so that he could try and wangle his way out of this.

All this information was presented to the police and unsurprisingly we discovered that “Buy and Sell” has a long criminal record.

He has since been arrested and the bike has been recovered. Hopefully this time he will be put away for a longer period.

Thanks to the Bike Hub [stolen Bikes] section and to the hubber who spotted this on Gumtree.

thats hectic bru, shot for sharing!

2 post wonder!

since he is now banned, how do we find what his other post was?

How did he steal the bike? Does he work at Mutual Park? I know that bike and it was always locked when I saw it, I'm sure somebody would of noticed if somebody was cutting through A cable as the gym Is like a highway and that bike rack is at the entrance.

Below is a pic I took of the bike rack, maybe even the day the bike got stolen.

post-82983-0-17098200-1513084272_thumb.jpg

How did he steal the bike? Does he work at Mutual Park? I know that bike and it was always locked when I saw it, I'm sure somebody would of noticed if somebody was cutting through A cable as the gym Is like a highway and that bike rack is at the entrance.

Below is a pic I took of the bike rack, maybe even the day the bike got stolen.

He came dressed in kit and cycling helmet. Old skelm and he has been stealing bikes for years.

Archived