[Event] Old Mutual JoBerg2c

Events Bot

Event Name: Old Mutual JoBerg2c
When: 20 April 2018 - 28 April 2018
Where: Karan Beef, Heidleberg to Scottburgh, KZN, Gauteng
Category: MTB

The Old Mutual joBerg2c is riding the off-roads less travelled and trails never travelled. It is racing, riding and touring across this magnificent country. It is sharing a passion for mountain biking with those who love riding.

From the creators of South Africa’s two favourite mountain bike stage races, the Berg & Bush and Sani2c, comes a ride set to capture the imagination of passionate mountain bikers across the country, if not the world. Starting in the south of Johannesburg and finishing nine days later at Scottburgh on the KwaZulu-Natal coast. Part race part adventure, the Old Mutual joBerg2c takes competitors through the country, from the heat and dust of the big city to the cool crisp air of the sea via spectacular mountainous passes.

Using a community-driven formula along the way, the race will also uplift communities and give them a fool-proof way to raise money for their schools, churches and charities. Every organisation who works on the Old Mutual joBerg2c will be paid. From road crossings to watering points, it is a way for these communities to raise money and work together for fun.

In Old Mutual we have found a sponsor that is committed to the vision of the event. It will not just be about media exposure, of which there will be plenty, it is about an association with a lifestyle and our sponsors being excited to be part of the event.

Our aim is to provide a journey where the destination is less important than the experience along the way.

Find out about Bike Hub's experience at last year's event here.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Event Name: Old Mutual JoBerg2c

When: 20 March 2017 - 28 April 2018

Where: Karan Beef, Heidleberg to Scottburgh, KZN, Gauteng

Category: MTB

20 March 2017 - 28 April 2018

bliksem that's going to be a proper ride ..... 

edit: screenshot, just incase people think I'm crazy  :whistling:  :ph34r: 

post-38473-0-25111600-1509977776_thumb.jpg

Edited by fanievb

20 March 2017 - 28 April 2018

bliksem that's going to be a proper ride ..... 

Ooops  :blush:

• 3 months later...

The packing list states that you require a minus 8 degree rated sleeping bag. Did it get that cold in previous years?

Jip, one or two nights was a bit chilly/wet.

And don't forget the wet weather clothing!!

Edited by Wannabe

• 4 weeks later...

Also having a severe case of FOMO. My two training buddies are doing it again this year, I just could not manage the entrance fee. Maybe next year again. 

Edited by Wannabe

Second year riding this, first was 2017. Single Speed again. It is going to be awesome. I have a sneaky feeling the weather is not going to play nice. a bit wet me thinks...

You Cape Town guys will enjoy...

Second year riding this, first was 2017. Single Speed again. It is going to be awesome. I have a sneaky feeling the weather is not going to play nice. a bit wet me thinks...

Cool! What gear ratio you're running?