Giant TCR Pro L or XL?

PowerB

I am plannimg to get a new TCR Pro and was recommended to take XL.

My inseam is 85 cm and length 188 cm.

I will do a proper bike fit but am wondering what size frame other riders of similar size are riding.

I am 1.89

Had first a XL TCR and was too big for me.

Then changed to Large which was a better fit for me.

But both on the previous shape, thus not sure of new shape, but believe the compact geometry stayed the same between the shape change?

I would go with a L frame with a slightly longer stem if necessary (110mm-120mm). I am 193cm (89cm inseam) and fitted a L frame quite comfortably!

I'm on a 2011 TCR Composite XL (first iteration of the "aero" tubing. I don't think the geometry has changed much since then though. I'm 194cm, not sure on inseam length but my center BB to top of saddle is 852mm. Running a 110mm stem (standard) to get 670mm tip of saddle to centre of bars (Spez Power saddle).

My feeling is to rather run a slightly bigger frameset and then have a shorter stem/seatpost to that your contact points are closer to the frame. I think on a Large you'd be at the top of your steerer (headtube on the XL is 15mm longer than on the L) and seatpost will be near max. I think my seatpost is currently running on 12.5cm out of 20cm allowable protrusion and I have about a 5mm spacer above my stem (though I could still drop it a touch if I wanted).

Hope that helps.

Edit: Sorry OP - for some reason read that you were 193 - think I got that from one of the other posts. I'd go L if I was 6cm shorter.

I am plannimg to get a new TCR Pro and was recommended to take XL.

My inseam is 85 cm and length 188 cm.

I will do a proper bike fit but am wondering what size frame other riders of similar size are riding.

The large would be a better fit.

I am 2.03m and I really wish they made proper XXL frames across the board and not just in the out-of-reach expensive brands   :angry: . Road and MTB!!!

I make an XL bike with longer this and longer that look like a circus bike  :blink:

Are you sure about your inseam? I'm 1.8m, but my inseam is 86cm and I ride 56cm bikes across the board. Had to reduce my stem on the road bike to get comfortable, so I'd say a large with a longer stem would be better for you.

I am 2.03m and I really wish they made proper XXL frames across the board and not just in the out-of-reach expensive brands   :angry: . Road and MTB!!!

I make an XL bike with longer this and longer that look like a circus bike  :blink:

Actually us taller guys also need bigger wheels not to look like riding a BMX

700C ---- 800C :clap:

29"    ----  32" :clap:

Thanks for all the feedback.

Measured my inseam again, it's 87.5 cm.

Most 6ft1-3 guys are on size L TCR's from what I can see from the feedback and some other online forums.

I'm 1.85 and inseam is 84cm, M/L fits me perfectly, so I would say a L would work well for you. On a L I felt stretched out, so you will probably fit well on the L.

Archived