Scammer: AVermaak 0736403926 0833380586 0735571325 0719242226 0780588679 0632361766

Matt

Hi Hubbers

For the two cell numbers provided I have tracked down rather a lot of information. This may ultimately prove to be fake, but it is part of the info I will use to build the case to nail these buggers.

For those interested in pursuing this further, please PM me so I can hand over the details of how you have been scammed to the police. So far I have two other users besides myself :(

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was caught about a month ago with someone using this exact method - except on Gumtree. Also advertising a pike, claimed to be in Robertson. His name was Hannes Hatting and he too sounded Afrikaans on the phone, asked me which bank I'd use and when I said Standard Bank he said he'd give his Standard Bank details. Luckily didn't get hit for too much because I said I'd pay the balance in cash when I got the fork. Number disconnected after payment etc etc, same story.

Hannes Hatting - 0638966941

Standard Bank acc: 10065510397

Could be a different guy - I have marked the number on Truecaller as a scammer, although it will probably never be used again. First time with a bad experience - I will sure be much more careful buying and selling now.

Thanks for the warning , I responded to the add ... Thinking its a scam ... pike with luftkappe on pike for 4000 to good to be real .

Thinking I could get some info from him ... no reply from wttsup ...and he got busted by admin seconds after I left message on his add.

There was a piece on cart blanche of farmers being scammed for cattle by guys from out of prison ... the guy also spoke afrikaans but was not ...

These bike scammers have some bike knowledge ???

Be aware of a guy by the name of Louis Schoeman from Clanwilliam (or so he says).

Wants you to buy goods from him and makes used of FNB eWallet. He says he uses eWallet so that he does not have to declare the cash/income for VAT purposes and that the money relfects immediately.

Also says he will post using Postnet - note that there is no Postnet in Clanwilliam.

Can also be found selling his goods on Gumtree.

Be aware of a guy by the name of Louis Schoeman from Clanwilliam (or so he says).

Wants you to buy goods from him and makes used of FNB eWallet. He says he uses eWallet so that he does not have to declare the cash/income for VAT purposes and that the money relfects immediately.

Also says he will post using Postnet - note that there is no Postnet in Clanwilliam.

Can also be found selling his goods on Gumtree.

Hi ManicMark

Is this person currently trading on Bike Hub? We suspended the lschoeman account earlier this week but please let us know urgently.

You can find some more information on this fraudster in the discussion here: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/170966-scammer-avermaak-0631255502-0603168268/

Hi Nick

This individual was trading on Bike Hub over the weekend who scammed me. I am reporting the number as I dialed the number on Tuesday and the bugger answered the call and still had the audacity to pretend as if he was still honest. Havent heard anything since then.

What was your reason for suspending the account?

Hi ManicMark

Is this person currently trading on Bike Hub? We suspended the lschoeman account earlier this week but please let us know urgently.

You can find some more information on this fraudster in the discussion here: https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/170966-scammer-avermaak-0631255502-0603168268/

This is very sad, but it’s kinda cool to see that our Admins have done more to fight fraud than Shaun the Sheep and the entire NPA have :)

Louis contacted me again with pics of the pike still for sale (sent him a wttsup) to try draw him out .... called me again saying he lives out clanwillian ... I suggested my police friend in clanwilliam come over to his house to check the goods and pay ..... drop the call .... not heard from him since ...

what about paying a reputable "middleman" who receives the money from the buyer then gives his ok to the seller to send the parcel and forwards the money to the seller as soon as the buyer has checked his purchased goods ?

what about paying a reputable "middleman" who receives the money from the buyer then gives his ok to the seller to send the parcel and forwards the money to the seller as soon as the buyer has checked his purchased goods ?

Online Escrow solutions have been around for a while, they just need to get used. Problem is, scammers won't use them :)

This is very sad, but it’s kinda cool to see that our Admins have done more to fight fraud than Shaun the Sheep and the entire NPA have :)

Which goes to show, you can have first world legislation, but all the Rica and the Fica mean nothing to a scammer of this ilk when you have Shaun the sheep “enforcing” it.

I was caught about a month ago with someone using this exact method - except on Gumtree. Also advertising a pike, claimed to be in Robertson. His name was Hannes Hatting and he too sounded Afrikaans on the phone, asked me which bank I'd use and when I said Standard Bank he said he'd give his Standard Bank details. Luckily didn't get hit for too much because I said I'd pay the balance in cash when I got the fork. Number disconnected after payment etc etc, same story.

Hannes Hatting - 0638966941

Standard Bank acc: 10065510397

Could be a different guy - I have marked the number on Truecaller as a scammer, although it will probably never be used again. First time with a bad experience - I will sure be much more careful buying and selling now.

Hi 

I work for Standard Bank. PM me and I can forward you details of the account holder.

Account belongs to a female in Bethlehem.

The douchebag contacted me as well....regarding my wanted add. ...said he had a wheelset. ..based in Knysna. ..when I asked for pics....all went quiet. ..Admin also warned me that said scammer had viewd my add....well done Admin. .????

Hi

I work for Standard Bank. PM me and I can forward you details of the account holder.

Account belongs to a female in Bethlehem.

The plot thickens. ...????

Archived