Online shopping - Has this happened to you?

Grey Hubs

Emails received from both parties involved! Confirmation that the vehicle was hijacked.

Guess it "pays" to shop with the RIGHT guys.

Refreshing to see how this has been handled, thanks CWC. :thumbup:

EISH !

glad you got sorted.

I have had all manners of gremlin dealings with CWC (I spend a bit there) NEVER did I receive the short end of the stick.

At work we have this often enough.

Courier vehicles get hijacked more often then we know / think.

Makes things interesting when we up against a deadline and then the vehicle gets hijacked  :cursing:

that's brilliant - well done for stepping up!

Although it does bring into question what the hell the point of taking the insurance in the first place is anyway?

I cant recall if CWC have a SAPO option but most places that ship anything with SAPO will have that as an option because parcels sent without insurance are not covered.

Its a different story with private couriers though.

What worried me is that my name and address was on that parcel.

If the hijackers pretended to be the courier service with my parcel for "delivery", I would have let them in without even suspecting a thing!

Parcel arrived from CWC this morning with a little extra thank you gift!

Excellent service CWC. Thank you for looking after me!

That doesn't sound right, that parcel should only become your responsibility once you have signed for it.

Now that makes sense.

You don't decide on the courier service but they expect you to take out the insurance? Doesn't make sense. But .. this is The Hub and  ... we are talking about "our favourite" shop ... online or not.

Let's just wait for Black Friday.  :clap:

That doesn't sound right, that parcel should only become your responsibility once you have signed for it.

I agree with you, and it does seem like CWC have this time, as well as in the the past come to the party in this regard - even if their T&Cs state differently. Kudos to them.

I agree with you, and it does seem like CWC have this time, as well as in the the past come to the party in this regard - even if their T&Cs state differently. Kudos to them.

Sure CWC came through, as expected, but I don't like those terms one bit. Will they always do this? If they will then surely they should change their T&C's?

Hi everybody. For years this was part of the T&C"s and never did we had a problem. Be assure that we will look into it after black Friday and I am sure that everybody will be happy.We will not let our clients be out of pocket like we just proved again.

Happy shopping at CWC during our specials starting at am tomorrow.

As a transporter of goods (bulk, not parcels a la courier) we have goods in transito insurance. It's pretty expensive, but it is worked into the price.

I investigated doing a W2W and stage race bike transport service, but the insurance cost killed that idea very quickly.

If you use a courier or transport service to transport your bike, do yourself a favor and dig into the T&C's, you may be horribly exposed.

Hi everybody. For years this was part of the T&C"s and never did we had a problem. Be assure that we will look into it after black Friday and I am sure that everybody will be happy.We will not let our clients be out of pocket like we just proved again.

Happy shopping at CWC during our specials starting at am tomorrow.

After many deals I can finally come out of the closet - I am a fanboy. I honestly don't need anything but I am likely to be be buying "essentials" come tomorrow

Archived