CWC Online: BLACK FRIDAY

CWC Online

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was something that puzzles me as well. Nothing comes in a box. It is all just tossed into a bid box. as in loose pieces of kit. In my case loose items include, but not limited to, chain. I havent even checked if there is a pin in the box come to think of it. Cassette (yes loose). derailer, gear shifter. some in a thin plastic bag some items just loose in the box. nothing in a box of any kind.. The only items I recieved packaged like expected was BB and chainring (shrinkwrap-mounted on cardboard). The two tubes I ordered for my kid were one completely out of it's packaging and the other halfway out. They were boxed. Anyways... what I am trying to say. It is obvious how the boxes get treated given the condition of the tube packaging inside the bid box. It seems rather silly to toss the loose items metal against plastic (shifter) in the same box to shake around...  Anyways.. just my thoughts...

ps: this is not a new phenomenon. It happens with every box with multiple items I have received in the past form CWC. I started to assume that they get loads of components "OEM" with no packaging... At some point I thought they just send out shop-soiled items or returns...

Pretty simple, CWC have a road freight service offered to them by Dawn Wing, it's the cheapest service available in courier, so should be 2 to 3 days delivery to major centers and another day or 2 to outlying towns. Goods are made as "small" as possible because CWC pay for space. In courier terms it's called volumetric. Basically they pay for space and or weight, whatever is bigger. No ways they want to send you small things in big fancy boxes, it costs money and the sender looses. Hence the unpacking and re-packing as small as possible. 

CWC, I tried Black Friday, and still mine is not delivered! To make the track and trace / fight mine with Dawn Wing is passing the buck, it should be your problem! I should be fighting with you!

I'm assuming (know that's dangerous) you have a SLA in place with Dawn Wing and in return don't pay as falls outside your delivery agreement? Wish it was passed onto the paying client? Won't do it again - lesson learnt  :thumbdown: 

Pretty simple, CWC have a road freight service offered to them by Dawn Wing, it's the cheapest service available in courier, so should be 2 to 3 days delivery to major centers and another day or 2 to outlying towns. Goods are made as "small" as possible because CWC pay for space. In courier terms it's called volumetric. Basically they pay for space and or weight, whatever is bigger. No ways they want to send you small things in big fancy boxes, it costs money and the sender looses. Hence the unpacking and re-packing as small as possible. 

CWC, I tried Black Friday, and still mine is not delivered! To make the track and trace / fight mine with Dawn Wing is passing the buck, it should be your problem! I should be fighting with you!

I'm assuming (know that's dangerous) you have a SLA in place with Dawn Wing and in return don't pay as falls outside your delivery agreement? Wish it was passed onto the paying client? Won't do it again - lesson learnt  :thumbdown:

Yes well aware of how volumetric space works.. This case, beeeeeg CWC box with small stuff tossed in not even filling 1/4 of box.  If you do that then at least wrap it in bubble wrap. Just my thoughts again. Bouncing around in that box will cause issues. And to be frank.. The boxes that a cassette, chain, derailer comes in is hardly bigger than the item  ;) Shifter may be double size.

@ CWC

You guys shipped the balance of my short picked order on Friday morning "over night". This parcel still shows as "Arrived at depot" with date and time of Saturday morning @ 2:00. I know it was flown up as it left CPT depot a few hours before it got scanned into Jhb depot. Thus I know you guys paid for a service you are not getting. This is not your fault. However is has not moved from that status and they are quick to start talking until I quote the times and details. Then no more communications from them. CWC109770B They are at this point causing CWC significant reputational damage.

thought I would mention...

Dawn Wing are the worst courier I have ever used.  We used to use them often but because of service, tracking and price, we changed.  Have not looked back yet.

I think the common denominator here seems to be Dawn Wing?

Did anyone else get a free bottle of wine with their order?

Nope.  How much did you spend to get that?  

Did anyone else get a free bottle of wine with their order?

R2,658

My order was R6k and I got no festive lovin'  :(

My opinion:

Somebody was drinking on the job, hid the bottle when the boss came in, and it got sealed in with your order... 

My order was R6k and I got no festive lovin'  :(

Same here, spent even more than that. All kinds of shite with the order, even me having to return parts which were duplicated in the order. But a bottle of vino....? Not a chance!!!!

Dawn Wing are useless.

I got my Black Friday box this morning eventually... looked like it had been rolled all the way from the depot to my office.

All items in my big box except the valves ordered for the wheelset.

I doubt these boxes are packed at CWC, I cant imagine them packing like this.

attachicon.gifIMG_4403.jpg

Have to say, my parcel was packaged exceptionally poorly. The box was big enough for a bike, with a small clump of bubble wrap stuck in. My expensive fork, brakes, bike stand, all must've bashed against each other during transportation. Not their usual standards.

Still waiting on a response from CWC on a Short order with not all items received.

Brake pads were not packaged and look somewhat rusty.

Archived