Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

it's all going on already on the stage and they haven't even started the 1st key climb. It's going to be very exciting today and Froome is already hinting of going for the overall win from a Finestre attack. Movistar are have a plan and trying to get people up the road.

So much can happen on the road with races within races and alliances being made and broken in seconds today. Merida don't want to let Froome go up the road without them, Orica don't want anyone doing anything but will have to work with who's left and desperate for podium places or want to keep their places. Tommy D is closer than ever after yesterday. Yates is back in his element. White jersey riders could still play a part in who wins and loses today. Can't wait! 

Live on DSTV... now. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aru & Kirienka retired...

He is going to get savaged in the italian press. Heading to the tour now? 

Poor planning Gen, you should have had this covered Monday already :ph34r: :ph34r:

If I knew about it then I would've..trust me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I agree that Tom hasn't done much in the Tour.

Even yesterday he (and Froome) was just sucking wheel until the finish line.

Froome will need to attack today and probably will but I think Tom will just sit there and wait to see if he can take back a few more seconds.

For Tom to be a non-climber trying to win with true climbers in the mix, and the parcours favouring the true climbers, methinks he's riding a clever race, nothing wrong with his tactics, we all would have done the same. 

I see a plan forming - SKY have 2 in the break.....

All back together but 3 unthreatening riders to the pink jersey gone clear and 2 in between. Going to be interesting to see what sky ride like in a non defensive role now. 

What do Orica do now? Ride hard and try to hold the field or back off a bit because it's so early and there will be more attacks and helpers slip up the road. Everyone probing and trying to wear the team of the Pink jersey out leaving him isolated in those dangerous valley drags to come. 

It has just stopped working on my side. Says broadcast suspended. Could be my IT people who picked up on it and shut me down quickly.

Mine has died too....

I cannot help it but I am bitterly disappointed in DDD.No effort to go in any of the breaks.Eish.Maybe they are not able to but ,hey man,at least try..

The climb starts... dual arrowheads on either side of the road as it goes up. Sky on one side and Orica on the other. Sky looking keen to drill the hell out of it. Riders getting fired out of the back on the lower slopes. 

I cannot help it but I am bitterly disappointed in DDD.No effort to go in any of the breaks.Eish.Maybe they are not able to but ,hey man,at least try..

They've been all but invisible this giro!

Edit: Gibbons has has his name mentioned a few times...

Archived