Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simon Yates has two teammates with him in the peloton. Chaves has three with him behind. It appears that the remaining member of the Mitchelton-Scott squad, Svein Tuft, is in the gruppetto.

A lifeline for Chaves in the form of Quick-Step. The Belgian team have Elia Viviani in that group, and are starting to assist in the chase. 

14:02:59 CEST

A really fascinating tussle playing out here. GC teams vs Chaves and Viviani teammates. And we've still got 129km left!

14:02:05 CEST

Quick-Step have four riders in front of Viviani in this chase group, and they're taking control here. 1:58 the gap. 

If comes all back together, then I think the sprinters will be taking a keen interest

The gap has stabilised at 1:50. Quick-Step still with four on the front of the chase group. 

Chaves' teammates are leaving it to Quick-Step here. They've done a lot of chasing already today and indeed over the past few days as they've helped control the peloton for the pink jersey of Yates. Tired legs, no doubt, but they can't sit back, as the gap is going out again. 2:20 now, and this is slipping away from them again

Archived