Giro d'Italia 2018: The Most Beautiful Grand Tour

'Dale

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk of a Chaves crash early on have been debunked by Mitchelton-Scott DS Matt White. The latest rumour is pollen/allergies

It's over for Chaves, Quickstep also gave up chase

too much damage to even go into damage limitation mode

well, at this pace, I'll never make it home to catch the last 30km... ho hum... a-Zwifting I shall go...

"It's harsh to say and terrible to see, but Chaves is going to have to fall on his sword and become a sacrificial lamb today. Mitchelton-Scott have bigger fish to fry than preserve his second-place on GC and there are big days ahead for Simon Yates, the pink jersey. The gap has grown one minute since Quick-Step eased up - and Mitchelton-Scott can't afford to bury Bewley, Juul-Jensen and Kreuziger because they'll be needed in the stages to come."

-Eurosport

The Giro! Always throws up something crazy. Chavez was suffering allergies apparently at the beginning. Matt White has to call it now QS have stopped riding. He can't let the rest of the Orica riders who are in that 3rd group burn themselves. There are some tricky stages this week and then the Zbeast at the end of the week. 

Orica have to pull back and let the rest all work to get in within the timecut. The Peloton can sense opportunities: No real sprinters up front, chance for a stage, chance to put Chavez out of the running, Sunweb move up to second. 

Archived