SR Suntour Forks

Chavo

Has anyone had any experience with the higher end SR Suntour forks? I know their more budget offerings come regularly specced on entry level bikes and they don't have the greatest amount of adjustability, but some of their more tunable options (e.g. Auron and Durolux) are receiving decent reviews and come in at a really good price point compared to the bigger brand names.

So, anyone currently or previously owned one? If so, any feedback around this?

https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Forks,33/SR-Suntour/Durolux-29-R2C2-PCS,21252#product-reviews/2946/expand

http://dirtragmag.com/review-suntour-auron-pcs-rc2-fork/

Has anyone had any experience with the higher end SR Suntour forks? I know their more budget offerings come regularly specced on entry level bikes and they don't have the greatest amount of adjustability, but some of their more tunable options (e.g. Auron and Durolux) are receiving decent reviews and come in at a really good price point compared to the bigger brand names.

So, anyone currently or previously owned one? If so, any feedback around this?

https://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Forks,33/SR-Suntour/Durolux-29-R2C2-PCS,21252#product-reviews/2946/expand

http://dirtragmag.com/review-suntour-auron-pcs-rc2-fork/

They're OK for the price, but if you can justify the extra few bucks for a RS, get it.

I say this mainly because of backup in a few years time - when things break on a Suntour more than a year or two old it's really difficult to track down spares. And they will break.

I only ride Fox forks, but when I bought my girlfriend's LIV it came with a SR Suntour fork.  

Initially I had full intent to find a 650b Fox and put it on, but when setting up the bike I was actually really impressed.  Great smooth action, but the adjustability was really good.  High and low speed compression settings, tunable rebound and with a little bit of playing around with the air-pressure is perfect for her (she only weighs 56kg).

Was not expecting that.  Saved me money too.

They're OK for the price, but if you can justify the extra few bucks for a RS, get it.

I say this mainly because of backup in a few years time - when things break on a Suntour more than a year or two old it's really difficult to track down spares. And they will break.

Thanks Droo. Local support is of course the other major consideration. From the forum it seems Dragon Sports doesn't have the greatest rep (assume they are still the Suntour distributors), so if something were to go belly up it would at least be nice to know there is solid backup...especially if they will break

I only ride Fox forks, but when I bought my girlfriend's LIV it came with a SR Suntour fork.  

Initially I had full intent to find a 650b Fox and put it on, but when setting up the bike I was actually really impressed.  Great smooth action, but the adjustability was really good.  High and low speed compression settings, tunable rebound and with a little bit of playing around with the air-pressure is perfect for her (she only weighs 56kg).

Was not expecting that.  Saved me money too.

Can you remember the model name?

Can you remember the model name?

Not at all, and currently I'm in Dar Es Salaam this week and Maputo next week.   

I'll see if I can zoom in on some pics when I'm back at the hotel later.  But just bump this thread and I will see if can get it here for you.

Not at all, and currently I'm in Dar Es Salaam this week and Maputo next week.   

I'll see if I can zoom in on some pics when I'm back at the hotel later.  But just bump this thread and I will see if can get it here for you.

All good, no rush on that. Just a point of interest and for future reference  :thumbup:

You got me there but on the flip side mrp has super long service intervals and at the price of services if you do it through the agents I'm sure the maintenance costs would slowly offset... but durolux is a beast of a fork

Can the durolux take the mrp ramp control cartridge? Must say the ramp control is awesome! I didn't think I would play around to much with it but after having ridden the stage for a bit I now change the ramp control for the different trail conditions which makes the fork so much more versatile.... it's like the leatherman of forks!

Can the durolux take the mrp ramp control cartridge? Must say the ramp control is awesome! I didn't think I would play around to much with it but after having ridden the stage for a bit I now change the ramp control for the different trail conditions which makes the fork so much more versatile.... it's like the leatherman of forks!

I don't think there is ramp control for the durolux, only for Fox and RS at the moment. Haven't ridden with the ramp control before but really like the concept of it. If there was one for the durolux, it would no doubt elevate the fork that much more.

Intrigued by Suntour as a brand though. They seem to have good representation on the international competitive circuit (their DH fork is used by the Polygon team and they're represented in the other disciplines as well), yet their rep remains weak owing to concerns of durability. Almost tempted to throw caution to the wind and try one of the Auron or Durolux out, but then it still isn't exactly a cheap experiment!

I don't think there is ramp control for the durolux, only for Fox and RS at the moment. Haven't ridden with the ramp control before but really like the concept of it. If there was one for the durolux, it would no doubt elevate the fork that much more.

Intrigued by Suntour as a brand though. They seem to have good representation on the international competitive circuit (their DH fork is used by the Polygon team and they're represented in the other disciplines as well), yet their rep remains weak owing to concerns of durability. Almost tempted to throw caution to the wind and try one of the Auron or Durolux out, but then it still isn't exactly a cheap experiment!

Not sure about the reliability of the durolux but I met up with a rider from California at helderberg who rides in the ews and he rides durolux... in short he rides the ****! Out of that fork made me look like I've never even been down there! So I think for us average joes it'll probably be more than enough fork and at that price who would complain

Durolux had some good reviews last time I looked at it. They are trying hard to convince people that its very different from their basic cheap forks.

I've got a Suntour Aion 150mm fork on my new Trance 3 and had a Raidon XC on my Spark 960. I thoroughly enjoyed both of those on the trail.