Steerer tube 2-3mm short

kk6gan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much slack is taken up when you tighten the top cap?

The pic was taken after tightening the headset with the top cap, then tightening the stem clamp bolts and then removing the top cap again. So unfortunately all the slack is already gone in the pics...

If it really bothers you a low stack headset will give you space. That's a pretty high stack.

Edited by GrahamS2

I've got some 30mm stack height stems available if you are after a short one (45mm/60mm)... PM if you want to go that route.

If it really bothers you a low stack headset will give you space. That's a pretty high stack.

I am a bit of a parrow arrow so I think I'm going to keep looking for either a different headset or stem. Not a big fan of potential hospital visits. Thanks for your input

I've got some 30mm stack height stems available if you are after a short one (45mm/60mm)... PM if you want to go that route.

Thanks Grease Monkey, PM sent

Looks fine to me.

Tighten up and ride.

Trust me, I really want to. Been waiting on getting this frame for over a year and now it's just sitting in my lounge...I am really nervous on how borderline it is though

The pic was taken after tightening the headset with the top cap, then tightening the stem clamp bolts and then removing the top cap again. So unfortunately all the slack is already gone in the pics...

it fits no problem in the top pic, what changes for the second two?

it fits no problem in the top pic, what changes for the second two?

Nothing changes. If you zoom on the top pic you will see that what's above the top stem clamp bolt is actually the other side of the stem lit up by the flash and not the steerer tube.