Brooks B17 saddle on a enduro bike

PepperM

Are anyone using these saddles on a mtb, more specifically a enduro or all mountain bike? I have a nukeproof saddle on my transition patrol which is extremely uncomfortable. The brooks saddle is described as very comfortable on a lot of forums and reviews and looks cool! Most people however do not recommend using them on a mtb due to water etc damaging the saddle. But I think our conditions here might be different.

I am using one. No problems with water at all. I keep mine Dubbined up all the time, both sides. It has been soaked in rain for a day whilst riding. Dry it off afterwards and ride again. Let it dry NATURALLY and prep again. It still looks like new.

As it looks after your ass, look after it in return.

(Not sure about enduro though)

Edited by Sepia

I have a B17 too and it is like Sepia say's it .... , you'll never be sorry . Evo bikes in Durbanville , speak to Naas , he got it for me for R1695.00 when all the other guy's were charging R2500.00 for the same thing . I have never looked back !

Also take a look at the B17 Narrow as an option. I stupidly sold my first one to Warthog (fellow hubber), and still regret it to this day. Riding a B17 Narrow at the moment. Being slightly narrower, I imagine that it might be easier/better in terms of movement on the bike. I am no enduro rider, so I'm just speculating here based on my experience riding single track etc.  

In terms of water/mud etc. - wipe it off and let it dry. Apply either Dubbin (like Sepia said) or the Brooks Proofide every few weeks, let it dry, and then give it a nice buff.

Edited by henningvr