Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

Soooo Sky may (no proof) have used legal medicinal "drugs" to enhance performance. Legally.

I'm no Brailsford fan but come on. Is the new social media justice system based on "presumed guilty without proof and even if we did find proof it isn't illegal - just immoral".

The whole Sky guilt project is based on smoke, rumours, heresay and he said she said.

Froomes salbutamol whoopsy is about the only concrete evidence that exists and even that we shouldn't actually know about if the correct rules were followed.

I'm all for clean sport but this Sky guilt project smacks of emotion and tallest poppy syndrome.

Have you read the report?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you read the report?

Yup. Mostly it was we can't prove it wasn't drugs but we can't prove it was. Either way Sky must pay for our investigation (even thought it proved inconclusive at best).

My opinion on what wave seen and read and reports etc on sky is that..

They tried it clean.. it didn't work.. they brought in some people who were willing to cross the ethical line had a willing Dr and started using the TUE system to dope.

If they want to survive Brialsford has to go... but he won't...going would mean admitting to crossing that line.

Yup. Mostly it was we can't prove it wasn't drugs but we can't prove it was. Either way Sky must pay for our investigation (even thought it proved inconclusive at best).

Don't you want to post the link to the report I have only read some of it ...can't seem to find all of it..

Some being these..

6b2187fe3669755cbf96c40f67132053.jpg46a83d1d976b913795bfafd2eea94ee6.jpg28201dd70470ad8164f6658c52b49013.jpg1efd079d9fb681060871bae9a78ebab1.jpg

They tried it clean.. it didn't work.. they brought in some people who were willing to cross the ethical line had a willing Dr and started using the TUE system to dope.

If they want to survive Brialsford has to go... but he won't...going would mean admitting to crossing that line.

Personally I feel there is a difference between immoral and illegal. I'm fairly confident that if you examined any Pro Tour team to the same depths morality would be found wanting in all of them.

That's why we have rules and laws. TUEs are approved by a governing body and need motivation. If the TUE system is not working it's the governing bodies problem not the teams.

I'll post the link/report when I'm back at my PC... It won't be soon cos I'm off to ride bikes in Dullstroom now :-)

Just throught I'd throw that in for everyone who is at work today..

Busy making coffee and the thought struck me... If lack of morals was sufficient to force people to quit then surely 90% of the current teams should fold? What Sky have been accused of is lucky packet bull**** compared to the last 10 years of doping.

Here's a fun reminder of how clean cycling has been since 2010: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_cycling

Busy making coffee and the thought struck me... If lack of morals was sufficient to force people to quit then surely 90% of the current teams should fold? What Sky have been accused of is lucky packet bull**** compared to the last 10 years of doping.

Here's a fun reminder of how clean cycling has been since 2010: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_cycling

But her emails...[emoji6]

No doubt all pro athletes of all sporting disciplines probably abuse the system to get an advantage on their competitors..but atm the report is about Sky..

Yes WADA need to sort the TUE system out..how I don't know...but it has to happen else there will always be issues surrounding it..they will find a way to beat the system.[emoji23]

It seems that Politicians, Sports Persons and Lawyers all make careers by doing things that are clearly Immoral but not quite Illegal.

Personally I feel there is a difference between immoral and illegal. I'm fairly confident that if you examined any Pro Tour team to the same depths morality would be found wanting in all of them.

That's why we have rules and laws. TUEs are approved by a governing body and need motivation. If the TUE system is not working it's the governing bodies problem not the teams.

I'll post the link/report when I'm back at my PC... It won't be soon cos I'm off to ride bikes in Dullstroom now :-)

All the lines are blurry smeared by this outfit

Immoral

Unethical

Rule-breaking

Illegal

Quicksand for the Skybots.

Not so quick, but downward spiral 

ja nee

But the moment a Dr lies on a TUE that is unethical..and he is upheld to a code of conduct and that is why Freeman is probably under investigation by the Medical council.

He will fall the hardest of all of them, the rest can claim ignorance and innocence but it would be a lot harder for him to go with that defence.

Bets on who will throw who under the bus first..?

British cycling probably has the most to lose....FUNDING..reckon they will soon speak out against Sky.

Did not know this...

Quote from CyclingTips

Dave Brailsford recently became an official employee of Team Sky, having previously acted in a consultancy position despite being Team Principal. That may have been a show of faith in him by the team’s sponsors, who have thus far resisted calls that he should resign.

Did not know this...

Quote from CyclingTips

Dave Brailsford recently became an official employee of Team Sky, having previously acted in a consultancy position despite being Team Principal. That may have been a show of faith in him by the team’s sponsors, who have thus far resisted calls that he should resign.

He may have to now review that decision[emoji6]

Immoral

Unethical

Rule-breaking

Illegal

Quicksand for the Skybots.

Not so quick, but downward spiral

ja nee

One can also say that if you are using a TUE for performance enhancement and not for a medical reason then that is breaking the WADA code.

Wonder who was all part of that select group who trained separate.. 2012 was a long time ago I can't even remember who all was part of Sky besides Wiggins and Froome.

Surely in light of this report WADA will launch their own investigation.

Archived