Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

BigMig would have been 5kg lighter if he wasn't up to his eyeballs in EPO!

And 4kg heavier if he had taken as much as the guy who finally beat him, Mr 60% Riis himself.

Disclaimer:

I once appeared in a full page Bicycling Magazine photo with Mig on my wheel going up to Llandudno from the city side.

I also twice had dinner with Riis in Paris, the first time in 2010 the night of the Tour finish just after the Schlecks and Spartacus  told him they were leaving to join Leopard Trek.

He is not a pleasant drunk.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And 4kg heavier if he had taken as much as the guy who finally beat him, Mr 60% Riis himself.

Disclaimer:

I once appeared in a full page Bicycling Magazine photo with Mig on my wheel going up to Llandudno from the city side.

I also twice had dinner with Riis in Paris, the first time in 2010 the night of the Tour finish just after the Schlecks and Spartacus told him they were leaving to join Leopard Trek.

He is not a pleasant drunk.

Now that ladies and gentleman is how you name drop ????

I wouldn't mind a meal and a drink or 10 with some ex 80s and 90s pros - the stories after several drinks would be awesome!

Now that ladies and gentleman is how you name drop

I wouldn't mind a meal and a drink or 10 with some ex 80s and 90s pros - the stories after several drinks would be awesome!

Haha. Yes indeed. Whiskey and a small ego stroke. The world's most effective truth serum

That part of the Froome Social Media Frenzy bliws my mind!

It's blown my mind right from the start... Cannot believe the mentality behind the critics...

UCI. Q&A response to public comments on the proceedings involving Mr. Froome

http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/response-public-comments-the-proceedings-involving-froome/

Finally, a well-reasoned, clear and simple explanation in terms understandable by laymen (so even journalists, some sports medicine experts and other cyclists should be able to understand it)!

I doubt it will persuade those with closed minds, but it really sets out the  medical case elegantly and accurately.

This is the press release they should have issued the first time

Edited by montyzuma

UCI. Q&A response to public comments on the proceedings involving Mr. Froome

http://www.uci.ch/pressreleases/response-public-comments-the-proceedings-involving-froome/

Just a little bit of finger-pointing at WADA, which is to be expected I suppose?

The below statement is a little frightening. Unless urology is unique, then it's standard science to standardise a solution result based on substrate concentration, SG in this case. I suppose it got lost in the usual noise.

"The new Technical Document implemented in March 2018 also now allows for the salbutamol Decision Limit to be increased above 1,200 ng/ml based on the specific gravity of the sample."

• 2 weeks later...

and we had such a good run with 10days of inactivity on this topic... :lol:

That post was totally worth it though!