Chris Froome returns adverse analytical finding for Salbutamol

Andrew Steer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky taking this marginal gains thing a little too far in my books... sjoe, I really just don't know, these pro athletes and their asthma  :ph34r:

The WADA threshold for Salbutamol is 1,000ng/ml. According to the UCI, Team Sky was notified of the finding on 20 September. Froome has previously stated he has suffered from asthma since childhood and has used inhalers in the past. In a statement from the team, Froome explained that his symptoms worsened and he sought medical advice from the team doctor.

"My asthma got worse at the Vuelta so I followed the team doctor’s advice to increase my Salbutamol dosage. As always, I took the greatest care to ensure that I did not use more than the permissible dose," Froome said in a team statement.

"I take my leadership position in my sport very seriously. The UCI is absolutely right to examine test results and, together with the team, I will provide whatever information it requires."

Ban professional racing...it's obviously bad for your health as it causes asthma........

Most of what you say has been the subject of some peer reviewed publications.....

was this maybe not a pharmacist error like that other guy that won a 94.7km race that other time  :ph34r:

damn pharmacists getting it wrong all these times, it can't be so hard, i mean not worse than riding a bicycle