Jeep track and district roads in greater JHB

dawnh100

Loyal riders... 

My husband and I have entered the C2T260 - and are starting to look for some "long", safe and challenging routes to try to train for this and other ultra type events.  Can anyone recommend any routes / tracks where we can get in a 60-100km ride on trails that are not too technical and have some climbing?  

I've hears that there are many horse / bike trails out Beaulieu and Riversands area, but we can't seem to find how to access them.  

Many thanks!! 

Can anyone recommend any routes / tracks where we can get in a 60-100km ride on trails that are not too technical and have some climbing?  

I've hears that there are many horse / bike trails out Beaulieu and Riversands area, but we can't seem to find how to access them.  

Many thanks!!

I have beard of a number of cyclists getting attacked in the Beaulieu area. Probably not statistically significant but you should be aware of where NOT to ride.

Why don't you give Anton at Summit Cycles a call and ask him to show you the routes. He is a local and has been riding them for ever.

Otherwise, Breedts nek is a winner.

Is there a way to add these routes to my Garnin Edge?

You can download them from Strava if you a premium member...then transfer to your Garmin

Four ways mall to sterkfontain dam, then back. Perhaps speak to cycle lab in four ways I recall an article on Andrew MacLaine which mentioned he rides from there to the dam and back. Challenging ride though.

Thank so much for these!!! Really appreciate it

Assume all safe to do with 2 riders?

Done it a couple of times alone and often just 2 of us. Touch wood...no hassles and friendly people on route.

Four ways mall to sterkfontain dam, then back. Perhaps speak to cycle lab in four ways I recall an article on Andrew MacLaine which mentioned he rides from there to the dam and back. Challenging ride though.

Umm, methinks riding from Fourways Mall to Sterkies Dam AND back will be a ride of about 600km give or take....Maybe Sterkies Caves?

We are in a similar boat with some of us doing C@C and others doing Barberton, Route 66 etc.

For now we do 2 Red routes at Northern farms on weekends and weekdays we ride from Bidon.

In the coming weeks we will need to up it to 3 Red routes and maybe some repeat climbs of the one decent climb there...

Cheers

Edited by love2fly