Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm pretty shaken up by what happened with FL.

Think I'll take a couple days off the bike. This stuff messes with your head, especially when it's so close to home. 

Sh*t just got real!

shaken yes, but not going to stop.

had a couple of knocks from either cars or pedestrians over the years, and some close calls that could have gone badly .......... in saying that, there have been enough close calls while driving my car too.

so will keep plodding along and keep FL in my thoughts for a good and strong healing process.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm pretty shaken up by what happened with FL.

Think I'll take a couple days off the bike. This stuff messes with your head, especially when it's so close to home. 

Sh*t just got real!

When I started that thread I obviously had absolutely no idea that it was someone that we know of and chat to on a daily basis. When someone posted who it was, I won't lie I had a lump in my throat. But just to correct your first post, the accident happened yesterday.

Shaken but not stirred.  The risk is always there and one should never forget it.  You have to look at the milage FL does per year.  The more the milage the more the risk.  A rep driving 100 000km per year in a car is also in so much greater risk of being involved in a vehicle accident than someone only driving 10 000km per year.

I was just informed of a leasing agreement our company can do if I want to buy a new bike. The buy it and lease it to me and I only pay off a certain amount in the deal.  At the end they finance the bike and cover roughly 20-25% of the bike.

I can smell a new carbon road bike in the future.

I was just informed of a leasing agreement our company can do if I want to buy a new bike. The buy it and lease it to me and I only pay off a certain amount in the deal.  At the end they finance the bike and cover roughly 20-25% of the bike.

ahh! man that is awesome!

What a nice company!

2nd Month Down! 

Well done to all who have kept going.

Let's keep it up.

I should start contributing soon ...

6 days without commuting felt like a lifetime. Tummy bug hit me real hard...

Also, dropped from 2nd to 7th   :thumbdown:

6 days without commuting felt like a lifetime. Tummy bug hit me real hard...

Also, dropped from 2nd to 7th   :thumbdown:

Same here. Got sent home from work last Friday and wasn't able to ride for over a week. Even had to give the berge en dale race a miss. Luckily once I finished throwing up I felt better. But then the man flu hit. Still coughing and getting rid of green snot today. Not good for my Argus training but lets hope the time off just helps the legs rest.

Hi all

What's a good backpack to commute with?

I'm currently riding with a Targus (the usual one)... but its falling apart after many years of use.

Hi all

I'm currently riding with a Targus (the usual one)... but its falling apart after many years of use.

what are your requirements specific?

Hi all

The brand Targus is not bad.  I had a Targus Student bag that I used for several years when still commuting in SA.  Fitted a laptop and all my other crap in there.

Archived