Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deuter Trans Alpine 30 with bright yellow rain cover

Same bag I got.  Bought it last year.  Worth every penny.

I had a closer look at my commuter and its a write-off as my alu frame has a proper kink, back wheel needs a new rim and also need a new fork as it snapped off.. maybe it makes sense to use my carbon Giant Anthem for commuting rather than buying a new commuter... if I decide to ever commute by bike again.

Good news is that trauma surgeon has cleared me to drive and cycle outside from mid June. But I need to make sure my hip and pelvis can bend again as currently I cannot touch/hold my handlebars yet on my race bike indoors. But 2/3 weeks is a while still and very happy with the recovery thus far and in no rush.

Keep warm / dry out there and safe of course!

I had a closer look at my commuter and its a write-off as my alu frame has a proper kink, back wheel needs a new rim and also need a new fork as it snapped off.. maybe it makes sense to use my carbon Giant Anthem for commuting rather than buying a new commuter... if I decide to ever commute by bike again.

Good news is that trauma surgeon has cleared me to drive and cycle outside from mid June. But I need to make sure my hip and pelvis can bend again as currently I cannot touch/hold my handlebars yet on my race bike indoors. But 2/3 weeks is a while still and very happy with the recovery thus far and in no rush.

Keep warm / dry out there and safe of course!

Good to hear the recovery is going so well.  Strongs with the recovery on the psycological side as well.  I know just having to deal with two car accidents that involved no injurie it took me some time, let alone a bike and car accident. #OneStepAtATime

Hope I will claw back some KM's after today from the okes in Cape Town. Decided not to be a chicken this morning and braved the weather.

I am now pondering on how my shoes will dry in time...

Hope I will claw back some KM's after today from the okes in Cape Town. Decided not to be a chicken this morning and braved the weather.

I am now pondering on how my shoes will dry in time...

I get a lift in on Thursday mornings ... but will be riding home this evening .... so watch out :P

Oh, we found this little guy on the cycle lane on Tuesday .... I think / it looks like it was caught by a bird or some other animal and was killed like this.

post-5403-0-76813600-1527772501_thumb.jpeg

Also braved the weather. Only got rain for about 4km. LOL

Luckily i have a window cubicle and put the shoes and wet gloves on the window sill and the "aircon"blows downward to dry them out. My bike also looks like a washing line to get the kit dry.

That said, the commute home will be interesting today.  :eek:

Also braved the weather. Only got rain for about 4km. LOL

Luckily i have a window cubicle and put the shoes and wet gloves on the window sill and the "aircon"blows downward to dry them out. My bike also looks like a washing line to get the kit dry.

That said, the commute home will be interesting today.  :eek:

It will definitely be.

Stuffed newspaper into my shoes so they are pretty much dry'ish, only to be soaked again in the next few minutes...

Head wind home was crazy. Felt like I was standing still at times. ????

But made it home safely.

Glad you made it safely back home.

Respect for commuting today.

I am strongly considering to get myself an indoor trainer.

Nothing expensive, the Giant Cyclotron Mag looks perfect for my needs.

I am quite frustrated (happens when I don't get my ride in) because I want to get a session in today, but could not commute and the wind does not make it easier either.

This morning's cycle was daft. Rain, cold and some serious wind which couldn't decide on a direction.

But passing all the cars standing still in the traffic was totally worth it.

Although they probably all thought i was crazy.

Was hoping Hairy opted out of the cycle this morning so i could increase my lead in time for the vacation break. 5 weeks left to increase the lead.  :whistling:

Head wind home was crazy. Felt like I was standing still at times.

But made it home safely.

That wind yesterday was a tailwind for me  :P

I only had to pedal a few times to get the bike moving initially, wind did the rest  :D

Archived