Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

Quick question.  Next weekend (16 or 17 June) we are taking some family to a lake in Austria (weather permitting) for the day.  We only have 5 seats in the car and we will be 6 in total.  So I will be cycling to the lake and meet the family there and then cycle back the afternoon.  Would it be ok if it is considered to be a commute?

You forgot the most important detail - How many km's to the lake?  :P

Joking aside, I think it would be considered a commute.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You forgot the most important detail - How many km's to the lake?  :P

Joking aside, I think it would be considered a commute.

I don't want to say tooo much at this point (70 - 75 km one way) :P

I usually go for a 100km+ ride on Sundays as part of my training, but next Sunday the family is having a picnic at the beach, so instead of taking the car, I will cycle 50km there, spend the day then cycle 50km back so I don't lose out on my training. Commute or not?

I usually go for a 100km+ ride on Sundays as part of my training, but next Sunday the family is having a picnic at the beach, so instead of taking the car, I will cycle 50km there, spend the day then cycle 50km back so I don't lose out on my training. Commute or not?

Exactly the same.  That is why I asked the question.  In my book it is a commute but not sure how the rest of the crowd feels about it.  It is open to abuse though. 

this morning was a chilly ride in CT ..... but being a 14 strong rider pack made one smile that so many riders are happy to get up early and step out into the cold to ride their bikes to work!

oh .. also came across this on twitter.

De51O5WWsAAvgvB.jpg

I am keen to join the challenge, is it possible to sync my current distance over from Strava? I record with Garmin. I only subscribed to Endomonda today..

I have been commuting from Big Bay into CT and back whenever I can, probably on like 2000km - 2400kms for the year with rough calculations.

I am keen to join the challenge, is it possible to sync my current distance over from Strava? I record with Garmin. I only subscribed to Endomonda today..

I have been commuting from Big Bay into CT and back whenever I can, probably on like 2000km - 2400kms for the year with rough calculations.

Yes you can. I had to do it last year when I joined late. It's a long process. You have to upload the strava file to endo.

what times do you ride in?

We leave the VET opposite Bayside at 6:45am sharp every morning

Yes you can. I had to do it last year when I joined late. It's a long process. You have to upload the strava file to endo.

Cool will look into that when I have a change, thanks

I clean the path for you guys I leave 5am from house in La paloma. What time and where do u guys leave from in the afternoon? I can perhaps join you in the way out if I decide to work late.

Quite the late start Hairy. 

I am virtually at work then.  :lol:

Quite the late start Hairy. 

I am virtually at work then.  :lol:

sorry for you .... starting this time gives us time to still have coffee and a chat before work!

What time do you start?

We are 9am-5pm :P

Cool will look into that when I have a change, thanks

I clean the path for you guys I leave 5am from house in La paloma. What time and where do u guys leave from in the afternoon? I can perhaps join you in the way out if I decide to work late.

No worries ... we often clean the path ... with brooms and dead bush along the side of the road :P

Leave the Train Lodge in CT at 5:15pm...

post-5403-0-20299100-1528199123_thumb.jpg

sorry for you .... starting this time gives us time to still have coffee and a chat before work!

What time do you start?

We are 9am-5pm :P

I start at 07:30 and end at 16:30. But hours are flexible so if early in, early out.

I start at 07:30 and end at 16:30. But hours are flexible so if early in, early out.

06h45 to 15h15. It's lekker being home earlyish.

I am actually scared to log into endo to see how far down I have dropped since the op. Can't wait to get back to commuting, Driving to work sucks.

Archived