Bike Hub Commuters Challenge 2018

Bateleur1

Yup, definitely not looking fwd to the ride home this arvie. It's gonna cook!

I can tell you now, I'm definitely not extending my ride this afternoon...

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to global warming, I may melt on the way home in this heat.

Predicted high of 35C for Midrand today.

I have heard from the family it is a tad hot there lately.

I can tell you now, I'm definitely not extending my ride this afternoon...

This heat is the reason I'm not commuting today or tomorrow. Will be the sun waaaayyy too long :)

This heat is the reason I'm not commuting today or tomorrow. Will be the sun waaaayyy too long :)

According to my phone it's supposed to only be 26 tomorrow (though we all know the weather report is as accurate as the zodiac signs...haha)

I almost died on my ride home on Friday afternoon...jozi is flippen warm at the moment....I finished a whole 700ml bottle - I normally only use about 200ml to and from work.

My legs were so pap from the heat I couldn't turn the big ring over :nuke:

In summer I also end up finishing a 700ml bottle in single commute of just over an hour.  With temps going over 30 with a very high humidity you sweat like a race horse.  Now it is no problem.  I hardly take 100 ml during the same commute.  Only difference is that at the start of the commute the water is at 23 degrees and an hour later it is just about 0.

Joburg is hot and Cape Town is windy.

Doing my first commute this afternoon. Excited!!

Joined the challenge. :) 

The commute today should be interesting with these storms passing through JHB. I suppose on the plus side its not going to be nearly as hot. 

The rides into town in the morning seem to always be so hard??!!

The evening ride home to Tableview though, are usually a breeze.

Strange that.... :whistling: 

The commute today should be interesting with these storms passing through JHB. I suppose on the plus side its not going to be nearly as hot. 

Did you actually get caught in the rain?

I left the office around midday to avoid it.

The rides into town in the morning seem to always be so hard??!!

The evening ride home to Tableview though, are usually a breeze.

Strange that.... :whistling:

Personally, I find my afternoon rides much tougher, the hardest part is actually heading to the office and not just continuing to ride. :P

I definitely prefer the cooler temperatures in the morning.

This morning's ride to work was quite lekker. Not much wind. They say it's going to be hot in ve souf today.

Roads are still pretty quiet though.

I see I managed to get to 3rd Position on the log.  Pity with the current weather predictions that I will gracefully get booted by the end of the day. Suppose I should not complain as my season should only start in two months time actually.

Hi Guys

Last year I commuted quite a bit, from Jan to Dec about 2 to 4 days a week with a few off weeks here and there. This year I'm excited to join the commuter challenge, I think its awesome.

I created an Endomondo account, joined the challenge and syncd my Garmin Connect account.

I then proceeded to import all my commutes from garmin device onto Endomondo account to log my commutes from 02 Jan to today, and marked these activities as cycling transport.

Question: For all future commutes, will all my rides recorded on Garmin automatically sync with Endomondu, like it does with strava?

Does the challenge only take into account rides marked as "transport"? And do I manually have to mark my rides as "transport" in Endomundo?

Thanks

Z

Welcome

Question: For all future commutes, will all my rides recorded on Garmin automatically sync with Endomondu, like it does with strava?

Yes.  

Does the challenge only take into account rides marked as "transport"? And do I manually have to mark my rides as "transport" in Endomundo?

Yes

Archived