[PSA] Ridefarr Tubby Race Strap

Reme Le Hane

Waiting with great anticipation for Farr to launch their water bottle cage that incorporates two bombs and one inflator. Looks like a great product.

thanks - latest info is May arrival - we placed orders ages ago but been some delays on the carbon side.

we have loads of new stuff coming down the trail ...

Hi Reme,

as per our e-mail correspondence this am - we will be sending replacements and collecting these from you for claiming from our factory - agree, the quality is not acceptable and we will do a full stock-count/check on our side before sending any other in future.

We had fantastic feedback from Markus Bauer and Frank Claes - both raced the Cape Epic with our LONG RACE gloves and finished a very credible 8th Place on GC!

Markus used the MINI RACE BAG as his spares storage solution for the duration of the race too.

Same issue with my gloves. Two rides in and slipping stitches like crazy! Left hand glove is fine, but right hand glove slipped about 4 stitches. Even tried super glue to stop then from running further

Same issue with my gloves. Two rides in and slipping stitches like crazy! Left hand glove is fine, but right hand glove slipped about 4 stitches. Even tried super glue to stop then from running further

Could be a bad batch, but something I know from Motorbike gloves, the design creates the flaw, can be resolved if you are aware of it, but because of the 3 separate pieces of material being brought together at that point, and because its 3 pieces of solid material its a tension point, you either need to apply some SERIOUS stitching and cross-striking to handle the strain, or you need to elasticate it.

In this particular case the design would need to change slightly, make the cuff a bit longer and wider then in that new space you put in elastic to take the strain of putting on the glove as well as maintain the security for wearing.

I also followed the measurement guide online and while the glove itself does fit extremely well and very comfortably, there is a bit of effort to get that cuff over my hand and even more so for the second glove as my hand is already gloved. I would not want to get a larger size as the fit would then be too loose.

If you think about the width of the cuff relative to the width you hand itself, especial when putting gloves on, not sure about you guys, but my hand is flat when I put on gloves, so that cuff that fits only slightly loosely around my wrist needs to pass my hand which when flat is like 10% wider, maybe more, I dunno, than my wrist.

If you apply pressure to something, eventually something is going to give. Guess the 2 of us where just unlucky enough for it to happen really early on.

I really do like the product, design is great and as I said, gloves are very comfy, but this is 2 orders and 2 serious problems, the last one actually costing me more money to replace lost parts, that I kind of wrote off as general opinion on straps is it's a pot luck, and well **** happens, but twice in a row will really make me reluctant to try again.

Could be a bad batch, but something I know from Motorbike gloves, the design creates the flaw, can be resolved if you are aware of it, but because of the 3 separate pieces of material being brought together at that point, and because its 3 pieces of solid material its a tension point, you either need to apply some SERIOUS stitching and cross-striking to handle the strain, or you need to elasticate it.

In this particular case the design would need to change slightly, make the cuff a bit longer and wider then in that new space you put in elastic to take the strain of putting on the glove as well as maintain the security for wearing.

I also followed the measurement guide online and while the glove itself does fit extremely well and very comfortably, there is a bit of effort to get that cuff over my hand and even more so for the second glove as my hand is already gloved. I would not want to get a larger size as the fit would then be too loose.

If you think about the width of the cuff relative to the width you hand itself, especial when putting gloves on, not sure about you guys, but my hand is flat when I put on gloves, so that cuff that fits only slightly loosely around my wrist needs to pass my hand which when flat is like 10% wider, maybe more, I dunno, than my wrist.

If you apply pressure to something, eventually something is going to give. Guess the 2 of us where just unlucky enough for it to happen really early on.

I really do like the product, design is great and as I said, gloves are very comfy, but this is 2 orders and 2 serious problems, the last one actually costing me more money to replace lost parts, that I kind of wrote off as general opinion on straps is it's a pot luck, and well **** happens, but twice in a row will really make me reluctant to try again.

I agree with you. Perfect fit and really sticky on my ESI grips. Sizing up will not fit.

I am not even missing the padded palms which I have on my other gloves.