American Classic Hub

Balooba

I broke my American Classic wide lighting rim a while back. Got one on the hub at a decent price.

My current (broken rim) hub has a quick release on. The new rim has a trough axel.

Question - Can I convert it to quick release without costing too much? And if, how? :wacko:

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Cheers

You can, yes. Just ask your LBS to order you an axle conversion kit from QR to TA - just confirm whether it's boost or non-boost thru axle. 

Pretty simple exercise...lot of folks switched QR's for through axle so you could pick up The QR conversion  cheap here on the hub if  you advertised .With a little bit of a search you'll find a yutube vid on how to switch.

Thank you gents.

Would it not be possible to remove the current QR from my current hub and swop it with the new hub's trough axel? I only demolished the rim, hub is all good.

Thank you gents.

Would it not be possible to remove the current QR from my current hub and swop it with the new hub's trough axel? I only demolished the rim, hub is all goo

is it a front or rear?...You should  be able to swap it on  front  but there are some variable factors on a rear .

https://amclassic.com/manual-downloads

Thank you gents.

Would it not be possible to remove the current QR from my current hub and swop it with the new hub's trough axel? I only demolished the rim, hub is all good.

Yes you can swap it around

It's a fairly straight forward conversion...

As you said, It is the wide lightning hubs, they are convertible, however the older models are not, so you should have no issues here at all....

Archived