SAS Seeding

mr HED

hi guys

what has happened to SAS seeding...

barberton i was given a racetec board.

cannot get into site for a while now..

any news?

Big problems at SA Seeding. Money issues, lawsuits and all that kind of stuff. Don't have the details but curious that the hub bloodhounds haven't caught on to it yet..

Big problems at SA Seeding. Money issues, lawsuits and all that kind of stuff. Don't have the details but curious that the hub bloodhounds haven't caught on to it yet..

I don't know anything about it, but it doesn't surprise me.

I've found them to be super incompetent and for a long time I have actively avoided events they timed.

Their website has been down for almost 3 months now... Still sad though as in general they still provided a very good service to the MTB fraternity... Their seeding scores were always a bit weird but again, in general, it was a very useful seeding system...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I don't know anything about it, but it doesn't surprise me.

I've found them to be super incompetent and for a long time I have actively avoided events they timed.

Same here, if I saw SA Seeding, I avoided for 2016/17. And the intention was to carry on in 2018.

Sad that they have gone MIA. I wonder what system the race organisers will use to seed starters at races now...? Should be interesting... 

USN has already migrated to Racetec...

According to a Racetec rep they are looking to monopolize the market with seeding.

It should be an interesting time ahead...

this is the second thread on the topic other one just died a slow death because the "bloodhounds" are probably their buddies, Who knows? Funny enough I was just looking at the Tankwa Trek Seeding list & SAS was used, strange.

According to a Racetec rep they are looking to monopolize the market with seeding.

Asked this before, but no reply.

Anyone know where I can find USN schedule for 2018.

Avianto was done in January, but no idea when the next event is happening.

Foreboding

Any idea what Racetec charges races for timing?  Always wondered what % of our entry fee goes to timing, those done by smaller timing companies or just by the organisers (by hand) are usually significantly cheaper

Edit:  Despite monopolies being a bad thing generally, I can't fault the Racetec system.  In my case it has always worked flawlessly.

Edited by thisismyotherbike

I called SA Seeding Two weeks back to ask about web site

the lady told me to use Jumper trax for all my seeding / entries and the SAS data would be moved over 

Edited by B A Z A

I called SA Seeding Two weeks back to ask about web site

the lady told me to use Jumper trax for all my seeding / entries and the SAS data would be moved over 

The odd thing is Fritz Pienaar, owner of Advendurance who runs the Trailseeker, Toyota Warrior and National mtb series, also started & co-owned SASeeding which used to handle the seeding/entries for these races.

Why would he move the seeding/entries from his own company to jumpertrax?

The odd thing is Fritz Pienaar, owner of Advendurance who runs the Trailseeker, Toyota Warrior and National mtb series, also started & co-owned SASeeding which used to handle the seeding/entries for these races.

No idea

phoned to talk to Giraldo i was told he is in Switzerland 

so asked about web site and i was told in future use JumperTrax 

asked what of my old seeding and was told Data will be move so left it at that

i am sure it is a incestuous industry everyone has a finger in everyones pie

thank you for the update guys.

this is going to be a real mess for seeding of events for a while..

It also seems like there's no National MTB series this year ...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk