Customs question

pmswanepoel

I ordered something from Chain Reaction. According to the tracking information I have received, the parcel was 'received into customs' on the 8th February. 

Now what?

TIA

I imported a few things from Germany late December. They arrived last week. I paid the VAT upon delivery to my office

So patience is important - especially when dealing with SAPO (good luck contacting them on their customer service number, that requires even more patience!)

If one uses courier option (e.g. DHL), is delivery to stated address or still via SAPO etc.?

DHL takes normally a week or so to be delivered at your address. They will e mail you the invoice with amount due for vat and clearances. Just use their link and do the payment. Workes really well with CRC

Thanks! 'Patience is a virtue' and all that and a helluva lot more, infact bucket loads...

There I fixed it for you... send them an email with your international tracking number and ask them what your local tracking number is:

customer.services@postoffice.co.za

There I fixed it for you... send them an email with your international tracking number and ask them what your local tracking number is:

customer.services@postoffice.co.za

Yup that's the only way really to contact them however no guarantees on a reply.

• 1 month later...

From Germany DHL is generally the regular air parcel post that comes via the chaos that  is SAPO

That's DHL Post. Unless the site itself labels it as DHL, which would be (cue Jeremy Clarkson voice) IDIOTIC

DHL takes normally a week or so to be delivered at your address. They will e mail you the invoice with amount due for vat and clearances. Just use their link and do the payment. Workes really well with CRC

I've had rims delivered with DHL in two days , definitely worth it on bigger items 

I've had rims delivered with DHL in two days , definitely worth it on bigger items 

I've had stuff come fast from CRC on standard SAPO (fork - about 2 weeks on their free shipping option / SAPO) and super slow (tyres - 3 months) and I've used the courier options from CRC. The courier is good in terms of speed and sorting the customs etc but they do add some extra costs from the DHL side just for doing their job (which was what I thought you paid for with the courier fee) so budget for about R200 on top of standard Duties and Tax. Other options are Aramex global shopper and they are pretty on the ball but I tend to use that for second hand goods and for stuff where companies shipping costs are mental and / or products that aren't allowed to be shipped out of the UK (Sram, burton etc).  Had a pack I was looking at that was £85 and their shipping was supposed to be £65. 

Edited by hellocolour

• 7 months later...

Has anyone ordered from probikekit uk. No option of courier,only normal postage .

What charges can you expect on top for carbon handle bars value R2250?