Please recommend me some lights

johnson

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ryder Orion is really good and solid, So are the extreme lights, both have compatible batteries, I have 4X extreme lights batteries for my Ryder Orion, huge help for long distance stuff as well.

Extreme lights service is very good.

Seeing as you commute, I would seriously consider the Garmain Varia rear radar/ light as an option - even better when paired with an Edge for traffic warnings. Might be a bit more than your average rear light, but a real game-changer for traffic safety 

Extreme lights for service and great lights 

If you on a budget try 

CWC...900 lumen @R499

.....2200.........@R999

900 lumens served me fine on Mtbike night rides.

Seeing as you commute, I would seriously consider the Garmain Varia rear radar/ light as an option - even better when paired with an Edge for traffic warnings. Might be a bit more than your average rear light, but a real game-changer for traffic safety 

I was lucky enough to win one in December. It's cool but not sure I would pay that money for one.

OP, If you prepared to wait like 4/5 weeks for shipping the Aliexpress or lightmalls are 2 china options. I have bought from both and those lights and batteries are still going strong. For a fraction of the price.

I have Chris Willemse 900 lumen light, it is great for road. Battery last ages on high beam.

Used a lot of Chinese lights that look the same over the years, the light heads are generally good, but every battery was rubbish.

How compatible are the Extreme Lights products with an aero seatpost? Seems to be a problem for many rear lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive got one of those Xeccon Spear 900 jobbies that I picked up from One Day Only a while back, and I tend to have to run it in medium mode when cycling at night or face flashes from oncoming traffic. It's proper bright and got some pretty decent reviews. It's USB rechargeable which is lekker, and lasts quite long... mind you... I can't really remember when last I charged it?! Hehe

Rear light: Bontrager Flare R

The end.

Agreed with this one.

I have one of these and it can be seen during the day from over 1km away. 

Agreed with this one.

I have one of these and it can be seen during the day from over 1km away. 

I have one as well. My question is when does a car need to see you from a km away

Archived