Virgin active club managers

Tothehills

To all Virgin Active club managers

1. Are there any protocol you/the club follow to ensure equipment setup is standard, functional and in working condition. My question relates to spinning and watt bikes

2. If so, could you please indicate what the protocol/standard is

3. If not, WHY?

4. If no, what time will you commit too to formulate/prepare such a protocol?

Before the pitchforks come out, I would like to get feedback from the Virgin club managers first

Im not sure how many VA club managers are on here, its probably not the correct place to be asking this. Im fairly sure they have a support section on their website.

I have complained countless times regarding the discrepancies of the Watt bike power readings. Tt times experienced +-20 to 30 watt swings depending on which gym / bike you select.

Complaining at the gym falls on deaf ears. I am pretty sure WattBike SA are under contract to ensure the bikes are serviced and collaborated periodically....

....the struggle is real!

I think you're better off penning one of them "open" letters. Else do what the rest of us plebs will do and ask the manager at your local club. 

From what I've experienced it's the maintenance manager in control of, you guessed it, maintenance. Speak with them instead of the club manager. 

As with protocols, this is South Africa, where reactive maintenance is at the order of the day. 

To all Virgin Active club managers

1. Are there any protocol you/the club follow to ensure equipment setup is standard, functional and in working condition. My question relates to spinning and watt bikes

2. If so, could you please indicate what the protocol/standard is

3. If not, WHY?

4. If no, what time will you commit too to formulate/prepare such a protocol?

Before the pitchforks come out, I would like to get feedback from the Virgin club managers first

I've had some issues with VA managers over the years, you can give them a call directly.

Alternatively, email them. 

They're listed on the particular club's page.  I have only had good experiences with them.  You could also point out the defects to the staff at reception and request a follow up.

If you want a relevant response... address the matter to the relevant people!!

In case you have not noticed this is the bikehub webpage and not the virgin active webpage!

Archived