Begginers road shoes

Peff

Hi Guys,

I have been riding my MTB for about a year but mainly on the road. I finally took the plunge and got a road bike here on the hub. I'm looking to get some road shoes and was wondering if anyone has had experience with these Ryder peloton shoes.

post-126920-0-96691600-1520869598_thumb.jpg 

My budget is around R1500, so i have narrowed it down to these two.

Ryder Peloton R1200 or

Specialized Torch 1 R1300

post-126920-0-28096700-1520869601.jpeg

Any feedback with either will be appreciated.

Thanks

Peff

those ryders are pretty spiff for entry level nylon sole roadies

the spaz yeea not so much they look cheap

and black is always the best color on the road

welcome to the dark side Peff  :ph34r:

Size 6

Sorry.  Thought I could help out.  But my 12s wont work.  ;)

Whatever you go for, get proper insoles.

You have set yourself a decent budget and shoes in that price bracket often will outlast more expensive shoes. I am light on shoes and tend to change them long before they wear out. My son on the other hand .......

I'd go with the dayglo shoes for that reason. High visibility clothing works best when they move around. Maybe from behind the view or profile is small, but every bit helps. 

I used Look shoes in the 80 /90's when there was not a big selection of shoes available and rode them for 15 years . As one member said make sure it has a good inner sole ( i used Scholls ) and changed them regularly  . Also i found a shoe with good ventilation is needed for our hot climate . 

I am happy with my Spez shoes.  My last two pairs were Spez but those Torch one I would propably set on fire due to the colour.  I am also not too fond of those valcro strips so would rather suggest the Ryder.  That string setup would propably outlast the valcro.

• 4 months later...

I have used my Spez Sport road shoes for about 11 years. Compared to my previous pair (DMT)the sole is not as stiff, but the "Body Geometry" tapered soles helped with a slight ITB problem I had.

On the Ryder product, it looks like a nice shoe. I like the boa fastener. It should make for a better fit

Archived